Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Offering From LSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Offering From LSG

Overall Dimensions: 24" depth x 72’’ width x 72’’ height (48'' model is 84'') 1/4" thick fire box 1/4’’ thick cooking chamber Single Door Main Chamber: 24''x40'' or 24''x48'' Square Firebox Dimensions: 20" x 20" x 18" Product Details: Bottom cooking grate 23''x40'' (48'' model 23''x48'') Top cooking grate 11''x38'' (48

"Typically ships in: 1-2 weeks​"

This is LSG?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes 1-2 weeks to ship AFTER it is built. 😁

If you are just starting out welding and you build that pit, you will definitely know how to weld after you get done just with the chimney side of that thing.

Comment

No paint. Interesting. After a few oilings and 6 months use I bet it looks cool. No pun intended.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, you are good!

I guess they felt the need to copy Millscale, Franklin, Workhorse etc... However I don't get why they simplified the firebox. The standard LSG firebox, with integrated griddle, fire grate and grilling grate was a big reason why I chose LSG.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        How many of those you mentioned (Millscale, Franklin) have the ability to grill on their firebox??

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree on the firebox, especially at that price point. And Jerod Broussard it's not designed to grill on the firebox like their other models. It appears to be a scaled-down version of their offsets, but designed to "mass produce", if you will.

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike many people want an offset to just smoke, not grill, not even in the main chamber. You can leave off the extra $$ I ain't gonna use.

I like this.

Comment

Nice, I would think it would look cool after a few cooks with the oiled finish!

Comment

Franklin does not offer a firebox grilling option. Millscale offers a plancha/griddle option but it is over $1100 and Workhorse offers a direct grill option for a little over $111. LSG's standard firebox offers both.

Comment

Interesting, and I agree there's probably some reaction to the recent popularity of the Millscale/Workhorse products. The price slots in somewhat between those two, excluding shipping calculations. The kicker appears to be the collector on the stack as the "normal" 24" round doesn't do that. For those (not just here but on the YT vid too) who lament the firebox design change, for $200 more you can get the "normal" 24" round with the well featured firebox......which is also larger in all dimensions though without the fire management rack. The normal 24x40 also weighs 250 lbs more, which seems like a lot for the extra material in the firebox and the front shelf that the "Texas" style also lacks. Makes me wonder just how significant that stack collector is performance wise. Seems to me that you could wheel and deal with Chris a bit: something like "I'll trade you to not paint the "normal" 24 for the addition of the stack collector." Hmmmmmm..........

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              If this were available when I bought my offset it would have been given serious consideration. And I doubt Chris is much into wheelin 'n dealin....

Very interesting. I like the look of it. I'm still content with my 20x42.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              I LOVE the design of the 20"ers. I need a closer look at the baffle system on this new one. I need to get my welding machine out the living room too.

• Sdell
              Sdell commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely still enjoying my 20x42. @jerodbroussard is looks like they took the baffle design from the 20 inch series based on the videos.

Yeah, I am down with anything LSG. Love their stuff.

Comment

Not surprising I'd guess, and in line with discussion above, the stack collector is now a listed option for the "regular" 24" pipe style smoker, for $145 up charge. So it looks like the choice between the Texas model and the "regular" 24" mostly comes down to the fire box configuration in addition to not being painted for the Texas model, and it not having a front shelf. Also, the number of options listed for the Texas is slightly more limited.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here