Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salmon on a offset smoker, LSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmon on a offset smoker, LSG

How should I smoke salmon on a 20x36 offset LSG smoker? I have the fire box grate, smoker grate, and griddle.

Thank you

No offset but did some on my pellet a while back. Brined whole King, cut up, with water, salt, garlic powder and brown sugar for 4 hours and dried it off . Into the frig over night on cooling racks for a pellicle. Cooked it with apple and pecan pellets at about 180F. Skin side down on Frog mats basted after 1st hour (and every hour after) with apple juice until IT of 130F-140F.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      This, basically. I'd skip the apple juice basting if you don't feel like it. You're trying to smoke it low (not cold smoke, but closer to 200F if you can) and then pull it at just done (so 135ish)

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Comment

To let you all know.
      My daughter seasoned up the salmon. What? Idk.
      But I smoked it with apple wood at about 200° pit temp.
      Removed it at 135 IT.
      It came out wonderful.

Thank you

Comment

I smoke salmon no higher than 200. Usually take it to 135-140. You done good. Wish you had pics to share.

Comment

• Joetee
          Joetee commented
          Editing a comment
          Well sorry but we liked it so much we ate it all before I even thought about photos.
          But I will be making more I'm sure.

We like it with some fresh dill and seasoning, skin side down on a frogmat cooking at 210 until 130 IT. We also add thinly sliced onions to the top just like when we were back in MI along Lake Michigan eating some freshly caught salmon.

Comment

• Joetee
          Joetee commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that sounds great. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here