Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered my new smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered my new smoker

Just ordered a new, Lang 36 inch Patio, stick smoker. I agonized over it for the last week or so and finally did it. I have been smoking on a vertical gas smoker and turned out some pretty good cooking. I enjoy smoking stuff and wanted to step it up a little. Was looking at an Oklahoma Joes and then doing the mods to it to make it an offset. But am stuck in a power wheel chair and can't do the mods by myself. So I went with the Lang. Added the SS racks and a charcoal box for the fire box. Mr Lang is going to modify it, (lower it) so I can either get my knees under the prep table or it will fold down out of the way.

Cant wait to get it. I have a whole cord of really dried firewood. A mix of water oak, live oak, white oak, wild cherry, hickory and Pecan. So I plan on using that up. If you have any words of wisdom for a newby, let me hear em.
    Thanks
    OB One

Congratulations on acquiring a really great smoker. I'm not a stick burner type of guy but I still admire Lang smokers. It's nice Mr Lang is going to modify it for you. Kudos to him for helping you out. We will all wait to see what you're cooking on your new rig.👍

Comment

You will love it OB One I have the 48" Lang

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. Lang's are great rigs. I know ^^^^this guy^^^^^ loves his. If I was getting a trailer mounted rig. I would go with a Lang as well. I can't wait to see some pictures of this baby fired up.

Comment

Good choice!

Comment

That's the smoker I wanted but shipping alone was $900 that's what I get for being in the Northwest

Comment

Originally posted by grillinglen View Post
              That's the smoker I wanted but shipping alone was $900 that's what I get for being in the Northwest
              If... You go about it right, freight rates are negotiable.🤔

Go online and find a trucker that has less than a full load coming from that area to your area or somewhere close by. Offer him $300 to $500 to bring that along to your area. Offer to meet him where he's making his big drop so he doesn't have to make a residential delivery. You MIGHT be able to get that done.

It gives the trucker some extra revenue and/or gas money.👍

Comment

I ended up finding a custom-made stick burner here locally

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Local is nice... If anything goes wrong you have someone to go to. Got a picture of that cooker?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here