Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

SOLD OUT! Secure your spot on our waitlist now. First-come, first-served!
Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
See more
See less

Creekstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rod
    Rod
    Club Member
    • Dec 2015
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Weber Genesis S330 with GrillGrates
      Weber Performer with SnS, DnG and Pit Viper mod
      Weber 26" kettle with SnS and Pit Viper mod
      PBC
      Blackstone 36" SS griddle

Fireboard
      Thermoworks Smoke
      Thermoworks MK4
      Maverick ET-732

Accessories ranging from a Vortex to bear claws.

Creekstone

So these guys had a sale on their pork butts that they claim ship frozen on their website. Got my order yesterday. I opened it immediately to find them completely thawed. Sent them the below pics. The exact same thing happened with a couple of tri tips I ordered from them last year. I sent them pics and they replaced immediately no questions asked. I think they overnited the replacements and they arrived frozen. So I assumed this would be the case this time around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130147.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	838491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130202.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	838492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130233.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	838493

This is their response to this order:

Hello ROD,

Our pork butts actually shipped out fresh this week due to back-order situation. As long as the items were still cool when they arrived, you are fine to use them. We recommend using within 3-5 days of receiving or freezing the product to use at a later date. If you notice any issues when you open the pork and go to use it, please let us know as we have documented your email on the original sales order if they are any issues at use. Thank you.

-The Creekstone Farms Team

Needless to say, I replied saying that is not acceptable and I want them replaced properly or a full refund. We'll see what their next response will be as I am very disappointed with their initial response.
  • ofelles
    Club Member
    • Jun 2018
    • Brentwood CA
    • Yoder YS640 on Comp cart
      Klose 20x42 Charcoal Grill
      LSG Insulated Cabinet
      Jumbo Joe
      VacMaster Pro 380 sealer
      FireBoard and Pit Bull fan
      Thermoworks Signal
      Thermoworks Dot
      Thermopen Mk4

Watching I have ordered some a couple days ago. Past orders have been good.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Club Member
      • Jul 2016
      • Elizabethtown, KY
      • Current line-up of cookers: Weber 26" kettle w/ SnS and BBQ Guru adapter; Weber Smokey Mountain 22" w/ Guru adapter.

I think somebody didn't take the time to look at the pics, because that should have been a no-brainer for a replacement or refund.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Charter Member
        • Dec 2014
        • NC, The Triad
        • WSM 22.5", Pitmaster IQ110, Weber 22.5" Kettle with SNS, Weber 14" Smokey Joe.

Wow.

Comment

• Donw
          Club Member
          • Jul 2017

Sorry to hear that happened. I got the same order here in Maryland and all was fine. Funny, I always open all shipped meat packages like you, laser thermometer in one hand and a phone set for photos in my shirt pocket. I’ve got one of the butts on the smoker today. They are really good looking pieces of pork.

Comment

• JoeSousa
            Club Member
            • Sep 2016
            • Spokane, WA

I got a brisket from them last week. It was scheduled to arrive on Thursday but didn't get here until Friday. I was worried it would be thawed when it arrived but when I took the temp it was 34 degrees.

Comment

• klflowers
              Club Member
              • Sep 2015
              • Tennessee

I ordered from them last week - some beef and pork ribs. I will certainly check immediately.

Comment

• Rod
                Rod
                Club Member
                • Dec 2015
                • Phoenix, AZ
                  PBC

Fireboard
                  Thermoworks Smoke
                  Thermoworks MK4
                  Maverick ET-732

Just got an email for the replacement shipment. I replied to it to ensure they are taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again. The weather here is 100 degrees plus. Can't stand the thought of throwing away 4 more butts! It hurt to toss these. Especially when so many people are struggling to put food on the table.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy to hear they are sending a replacement shipment. I have had meat come thawed and too warm from other merchants and they have always made it right. Haven't had any issues since I moved back to Washington but when I was in Florida I had a couple issues.
              • jumbo7676
                Club Member
                • Jun 2018
                • Centreville, VA
                • GMG Daniel Boone

Weber Spirit E-310
                  GrillGrates

Weber Performer Premium 22"
                  Slow 'N Sear 2.0
                  Drip 'N Griddle Deluxe
                  EasySpin Grate

Weber Kettle Premium 22"
                  Vortex

Weber Smokey Mountain 14"

FireBoard
                  Maverick XR-50

I got notice today that my short ribs have shipped from Creekstone. I'll have my IR gun and phone at the ready just in case I need similar pics. Though I usually do that anyway after I had a similar experience with another vendor.

Comment

• klflowers
                  Club Member
                  • Sep 2015
                  • Tennessee

Got my order this morning, 4 slabs of pork ribs and a couple beef rib plates. The ice packs were still frozen and the meat was all around 35 degrees. No pics yet, but I am pretty satisfied.

Comment

• rwhfly
                    Club Member
                    • Feb 2020
                    • Northern VA
                    • My cookers:
                      M1 from M Grills
                      Big Green Egg
                      Horizon 16" Classic with sliding convection system

Electronics:
                      DigiQ temperature control
                      Thermoworks Smoke

Got my Duroc butts a couple of days ago and they were as advertised. Fresh, not frozen but good and cold.

Comment

• Rod
                      Rod
                      Club Member
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                        PBC

Fireboard
                        Thermoworks Smoke
                        Thermoworks MK4
                        Maverick ET-732

My replacement shipment is supposed to be here tomorrow. That's 3 days of transit to 100 degree weather...we'll see.

Comment

• jumbo7676
                        Club Member
                        • Jun 2018
                        • Centreville, VA
                        • GMG Daniel Boone

Weber Spirit E-310
                          GrillGrates

Weber Performer Premium 22"
                          Slow 'N Sear 2.0
                          Drip 'N Griddle Deluxe
                          EasySpin Grate

Weber Kettle Premium 22"
                          Vortex

Weber Smokey Mountain 14"

FireBoard
                          Maverick XR-50

Short ribs arrived. Still partially frozen. Thawed parts still below 40 degrees. In my freezer now, hopefully not for too long. They look good.

Comment

• klflowers
                          Club Member
                          • Sep 2015
                          • Tennessee

Short ribs. 2 sections of 4 bones each. I cut each one in half and vac sealed and put them in the freezer. I'll definitely be ordering from them again - these are far and away better than anything I have seen locally:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	short ribs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	839982
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	short ribs 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	839983

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                            Club Member
                            • Mar 2020
                            • Muskego, WI
                            • Current cookers:
                              Rec Tec RT700 "Bull" pellet cooker
                              Smokin-It model 2 electric smoker w/ Maverick 732 temp monitor and cold smoking kit
                              Weber Genesis 3 burner gas grill w/ rotisserie
                              Charbroil Grill2Go gas grill
                              Weber 22" Performer Deluxe kettle grill w/ThermoPro TP-20S temp monitor
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              SnS Deluxe
                              Vortex
                              The Orion Cooker convection cooker/smoker (two of them)
                              Blackstone 17" griddle
                              Joule Sous Vide circulator

Favorite beer: Anything that's cold!
                              Favorite cocktail: Bourbon neat

I just looked through the Creekstone Farms web site. Pretty pricey stuff! $10+ per pound for 85/15 ground beef? $13+ per pound for bone in beef chuck short ribs? Etc. etc. Is their meat really that much better? My local butcher shop has prime grade short ribs for $5.99 per pound!

Comment

• jumbo7676
                              jumbo7676 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If I could get prime short ribs for $5.99/lb around here I would never order meat online. The best I seem to find is CAB for $10/lb, so when Creekstone has a sale that essentially matches that price for prime, I'll go with them. Definitely not my regular supplier for meat, but I'll go with them (or someone else like Porter Road) when it makes sense.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

SOLD OUT! Secure your spot on our waitlist now. First-come, first-served!
                          Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
                          See more
                          See less
                          Working...
                          X
                          Meat-Up in Memphis

Placeholder

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

Placeholder

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

Placeholder

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

Placeholder

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

Placeholder

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Undisputed Champion!

Placeholder

The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is considered by the pros, and our team, to be the single best instant read thermometer. The MK4 includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight and rotating display. Don't accept cheap substitutes.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

Placeholder

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5" x 29.5" footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.

Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Delta by Nuke,
                          Stylish and Affordable
                          Gaucho Grill

Placeholder

Delta by Nuke burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This Argentinian grill will get your flame on!

Genesis II E-335 
                          A Versatile Gasser That Does It All!

Placeholder

Weber’s Genesis line has long been one of the most popular choices for gas grillers. The new Genesis II E-335 offers solid performance, a sear burner for sizzling heat and an excellent warranty.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

Placeholder

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily rmoved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

Placeholder

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

Placeholder

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

Placeholder

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

Placeholder

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here to read our complete review

Track Up To Six Temperatures At Once

Placeholder

FireBoard Drive 2 is an updated version of a well-received product that sets the standard for performance and functionality in the wireless food thermometer/thermostatic controller class.

Click here for our review of this unique device

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Placeholder

Napoleon's NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Placeholder

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order