Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creekstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creekstone

So these guys had a sale on their pork butts that they claim ship frozen on their website. Got my order yesterday. I opened it immediately to find them completely thawed. Sent them the below pics. The exact same thing happened with a couple of tri tips I ordered from them last year. I sent them pics and they replaced immediately no questions asked. I think they overnited the replacements and they arrived frozen. So I assumed this would be the case this time around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130147.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	838491Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130202.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	838492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_130233.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	838493

This is their response to this order:

Hello ROD,

Our pork butts actually shipped out fresh this week due to back-order situation. As long as the items were still cool when they arrived, you are fine to use them. We recommend using within 3-5 days of receiving or freezing the product to use at a later date. If you notice any issues when you open the pork and go to use it, please let us know as we have documented your email on the original sales order if they are any issues at use. Thank you.

-The Creekstone Farms Team

Needless to say, I replied saying that is not acceptable and I want them replaced properly or a full refund. We'll see what their next response will be as I am very disappointed with their initial response.

Watching I have ordered some a couple days ago. Past orders have been good.

Comment

I think somebody didn't take the time to look at the pics, because that should have been a no-brainer for a replacement or refund.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Sorry to hear that happened. I got the same order here in Maryland and all was fine. Funny, I always open all shipped meat packages like you, laser thermometer in one hand and a phone set for photos in my shirt pocket. I’ve got one of the butts on the smoker today. They are really good looking pieces of pork.

Comment

I got a brisket from them last week. It was scheduled to arrive on Thursday but didn't get here until Friday. I was worried it would be thawed when it arrived but when I took the temp it was 34 degrees.

Comment

I ordered from them last week - some beef and pork ribs. I will certainly check immediately.

Comment

Just got an email for the replacement shipment. I replied to it to ensure they are taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again. The weather here is 100 degrees plus. Can't stand the thought of throwing away 4 more butts! It hurt to toss these. Especially when so many people are struggling to put food on the table.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Happy to hear they are sending a replacement shipment. I have had meat come thawed and too warm from other merchants and they have always made it right. Haven't had any issues since I moved back to Washington but when I was in Florida I had a couple issues.

I got notice today that my short ribs have shipped from Creekstone. I'll have my IR gun and phone at the ready just in case I need similar pics. Though I usually do that anyway after I had a similar experience with another vendor.

Comment

Got my order this morning, 4 slabs of pork ribs and a couple beef rib plates. The ice packs were still frozen and the meat was all around 35 degrees. No pics yet, but I am pretty satisfied.

Comment

Got my Duroc butts a couple of days ago and they were as advertised. Fresh, not frozen but good and cold.

Comment

My replacement shipment is supposed to be here tomorrow. That's 3 days of transit to 100 degree weather...we'll see.

Comment

Short ribs arrived. Still partially frozen. Thawed parts still below 40 degrees. In my freezer now, hopefully not for too long. They look good.

Comment

Short ribs. 2 sections of 4 bones each. I cut each one in half and vac sealed and put them in the freezer. I'll definitely be ordering from them again - these are far and away better than anything I have seen locally:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	short ribs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	839982
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	short ribs 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	839983

Comment

I just looked through the Creekstone Farms web site. Pretty pricey stuff! $10+ per pound for 85/15 ground beef? $13+ per pound for bone in beef chuck short ribs? Etc. etc. Is their meat really that much better? My local butcher shop has prime grade short ribs for $5.99 per pound!

Comment

• jumbo7676
                              jumbo7676 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If I could get prime short ribs for $5.99/lb around here I would never order meat online. The best I seem to find is CAB for $10/lb, so when Creekstone has a sale that essentially matches that price for prime, I'll go with them. Definitely not my regular supplier for meat, but I'll go with them (or someone else like Porter Road) when it makes sense.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here