Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Miss EdF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news. He actually lived about 5 minutes away from me, sad that we never were able to meet up in person.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Tragic, indeed, given y'alls proximity......

Damn. He was a good man, and a great contribution of our community. We will be missed.

Keep the Smoke Rollin', Ed.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Very eloquent...

A real loss...

Comment

My wife gave EdF the nickname Beard of wisdom after I had showed her a post he commented on when I first joined the club. Said Ed reminded her of the guy from Pawn Stars. It was an honour and pleasure to make your acquaintance.
      RIP Sir.

Comment

Steve R.
        It's a Francis Mallmann recipe from the book Seven Fires (which I now have) but it was Ed who recommended it when I asked about peach recipes. He sent me the version of it from his Evernote file. Here's the same thing from NYT.

Here is a simple dinner you could cook on a pancake griddle set on the grate above a fire pit or grill in someone’s backyard, as if performing a magic trick The result is a plate of thick, luscious pork with a deep, burnished crust, redolent of garlic and rosemary, and a sunset of soft, smoky peaches nutty with brown butter The technique is what Francis Mallmann, the Latin American chef who developed the recipe and is its most refined and stylish practitioner, calls “the uncertain edge of burnt.” It requires patience and keen observation

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks fabulous! Will definitely be doing this sometime soon. Thanks!

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend just picked up some fresh Georgia peaches for us. I'll definitely cook this in tribute to him this weekend.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll make this in Ed's memory. It's just one of Ed's many excellent tips and recommendations here on the pit.

Kathryn

I felt so bad and so sad last evening that I missed the toast to Ed by CaptainMike and Mr. Bones due to a slight miss calculation. In other words I started way before you guys....and welll...chaulk it up to an epic fail.....

...anyway here's to you EdF, wherever you might be !!! (I think he would appreciate a little humor at this point )

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Better late than never, my friend! Thanks for the chuckle, I'm sure 'ol Ed would have approved.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Never too late, Steve......
          Cheers

I’m not sure how I missed this but it is another reminder how wonderful you all are….and this forum isn’t just a BBQ site.

RIP EdF.

Comment

It's the strongest I drink these days and this one is for EdF

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers, to Ed F...

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            wanted to try one these here sarsparillas, six pack was only 12.99, not too danged awkward, but shipping was like 19.85...effdat...

Real sorry to hear this, Ed's posts always had something enlightening, and after I read his obit. I understood why. What a background. R.I.P Ed.....

Comment

Wow. This really is sad. We joined the Pit around the same time, both live in NJ, he was a kamado guy, and I 100% credit him for planting the seed in my brain about getting a KBQ. As I don’t have a name for it, I’ll call it Ed…as in EdF and education. His posts were always thoughtful and I usually learned something from them.

RIP big fella.

Comment

Sad I missed this. Dangit. Yes, EdF you will be missed, sir.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as yer livin
                It's Never too late
                To hoist a glass
                To a fallen mate...

Sláinte!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 19, 2021, 11:31 AM. Reason: missing a colon...

Oh man, I missed this post earlier and have wondered why we haven't heard from him. He was one of the reasons I purchased a KBQ! EdF You will be missed my friend.

Comment

On one hand, I'm sorry to have brought this up again. On the other hand, I'm glad to have brought this to the attention to those who may have missed the sad news.

Comment

Goodbye Ed, and thank you for being the amazing person you are. See you on the other side, amigo.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We will be in SAV the end of April,

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, smokenoob! Hope you are as well.

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HawkerXP I'd love to get together for that

RIP EdF you will be missed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here