Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Miss EdF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Ed, sounds like you had a great life, you will be missed here.

Comment

RIP from your friends afar. You will be missed EdF.

Comment

RIP Ed you will be missed.

Comment

Bummer. A cool cat. Will be missed.

Comment

I remember when he was interviewed (back when they were still interviewing Pit members) and I always thought what a cool guy he was. Over the past couple of years I had the pleasure to talk to him off line about a number of topics; from food to cooking to wine and to 60s rock n roll. We shared so much in common and always hoped I'd meet him some day. Sadly that day, at least on this earth, will never come.

You shall be missed my friend. As I get older I begin more and more to understand my own mortality. Loosing a friend always drives that inevitability home even further. I celebrate the memories he leaves us and I drink to his fine humanity. We were better off to have had him here in the Pit.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautifully put, Steve.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll join ya in that drink, Steve, an thank ya fer yer Fine Words, as well, Brother.

So sorry to hear this. R.I.P.

Comment

Wow! I read the obituary and it turns out that Ed's brother, Gary, who died in 2008, was a high school classmate of mine. Small world, indeed.

Comment

Rest In Peace Ed. You are missed, and I'll be praying for his family.

Comment

I hated to see this. He was a good guy, he will be missed.

Comment

Takin th liberty of postin a higher-res pic, like th one he used fer his avatar, so that we may all smile with him, one last time...

We had many conversations bout his fedora, since I'm a confirmed fedora man, my dang self...it was actually an Akubra...Man knew his Brims!

I know, full well, Th Central Scrutinizer will squash this down, size-wise, so enjoy fer th next few hours, y'all...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 6, 2021, 03:57 PM. Reason: +n in since

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As do I Capn...Thanks fer weighin in, Brother!

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I also ended up getting one of those hats after asking him about it. :-)

• treesmacker
                      treesmacker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What a gentle kind face. Miss him indeed. RIP EdF!

Just a short timer here but I've seen the familiar hat and beard in many, many posts I've read since joining the club. Thanks for being, EdF. Gone but not forgotten.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-06 143222.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1056175

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True that

At what time shall we commence th Commemorative Toast?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Troutman , ah'm right there with ya, but am savin part th other half fer Th Occasion, if any are interested...

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Give me a half an hour to put away tools and I'll join you 'ol sots in a tasty salutation to our friend EdF. Say, 5:00 PM PDT?

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Deal CaptainMike see ya here, in a spell, Brother..."Cease all work, away all tools", afore drinkytime, faux chaux...

Sad news indeed. You are missed here EdF RIP my friend.

Comment

I also have seen his posts many times in the past but never got to know him. From reading the obituary tributes and the many responses here, he was a great guy who really will be missed. We’ve lost a good one. RIP Ed.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think he would have enjoyed your sense of humor, John, and perhaps he did. He was, as they say, a Prince of a Man.
                        Last edited by CaptainMike; July 6, 2021, 05:22 PM.

I dug out the old Akubra and poured a nice measure of my Grandfather's favorite Four Roses bourbon. It's not dark here on the west coast, but I raise my glass to the stars you loved so well and salute you EdF You are a fine gentleman and I'm glad to have had the chance to get to know you in our shared passion and for the Wise Man you are. May God Bless you and hold you close.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ed.2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	950.5 KB ID:	1056270

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here