Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice to meet you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to meet you!

I've been a lurking member for a long time, a wannabe griller and smoker who cooks meat a few times a year because my wife is a vegetarian. Today, I'm staying at a vacation rental in Folly Beach SC and have my mother in law and her friend staying with my wife and me for the weekend. I decided to get some nice steaks. I went to a butcher in Charleston and got three inch and a half boneless ribeyes. Realized when I got back that there was an ok grill, but no meat or grill thermometer. But, after reading here so extensively, I figured, reverse sear and use my finger to test doneness. Somehow I pulled it off and am so proud I wanted to share! 🙂 What did you think?
    Attached Files

Looks great to me! You did them the way we all did before all these new fangled gadgets came along. Nice work pitmaster.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Looks great to me!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Daniel ...

Comment

Welcome to posting side of The Pit. And ya done good!

Comment

Look's mighty tasty.
                  Welcome from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Looks pretty doggone good to me.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. Ribeye looks perfect to me!

Comment

Duh, how about perfect!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit,
                          Looks good,
                          Happy grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

Very nice. Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Looks delicious! Welcome from California!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here