Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Texas

Newbie to everything here, hoping to learn what I am doing, only have a cheap $20 wallyworld special? for reg bbq and a weber 18 smoker for hopefully the ultimate good brisket, first try at brisket was a disaster gave up for 3 years, maybe now can learn what to do, just purchased the thermo works smoke 4 channel and billows set up for the weber, to cold for me to try it yet, learning to get around here, hope I am doing this post right, can fix computers just can't use them very well, can you people teach this old dog new tricks? I know if I get it right I'll be spoiled!

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Howdy from Wilson County, Texas! Glad you’re here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! I can assure you that you will find all the help you want here! Always a someone here ready and willing to share advice, tips, tricks, and recipes. You mentioned specifically brisket. That is my favorite, too. Most important thing to know when starting out with brisket is that it is very temperamental and no two are the same. It takes several attempts to get your techniques down, but soon your successes will become repeatable. You can practice with chuck roasts. They cook very similar and are a little cheaper cut to practice on. Remember, as Aaron Franklin says, the only way to make good BBQ, is to make bad BBQ.

Welcome again! Looking forward to hearing about your cooks!

Comment

• 01dD0g2
              01dD0g2 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for your advice and encouragement

• Soonerpop
              Soonerpop commented
              Editing a comment
              What he said!

Welcome from a fellow Texan. Glad you joined us and as mentioned, there’s lots of good folks here willing to help. In what part of Texas do you live?

Comment

• 01dD0g2
              01dD0g2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am from the dfw area

Welcome, you will be spoiled, lots of advice, help and knowledge on this site.
            Having one of those cooks, just post up and the boyzngirlz will be there to help.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.
                      I keep hearing there is good BBQ in Texas of the salt and pepper kind. Smoked some pork chops seasoned with S&P Texas-style. Pretty good. Leads me to believe there is some truth to that rumor of Texas BBQ.

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Howdy,

Welcome to the Pit. Lots of good folks to learn from here.

Pay attention, and ask lots of questions. You'll have tasty brisket in no time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here