Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introductions and a question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Appleton, WI

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome!

To your question on things you can do on a gas grill, read the post I just wrote on another topic this morning:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...187#post912187

In that comment, I listed all the reasons why I like having a gasser in my herd of cookers.

As to which gas grill to purchase, go with a Weber. They are consistently rated as top notch gassers. Their customer service and parts replacement policy are really good. Customer Service has suffered some in these Covid times, but then who hasn't.

Kathryn

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            that was a good list..

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            Always listen to Kathryn. She's the brains around here... And nice enough to put up with the rest of us

Welcome from NE Florida!

Comment

The key to a good gasser, as I understand it, is the BTU of the hottest burner. You want to get a temp up to 600F or close to it for quick searing. If you don't get the BTU you'll eventually want and miss, you'll have buyers remorse.

Welcome to the PIT from the Lou!

Comment

Howdy and welcome.

I only had a gasser for many years. I've loved adding the PBC but there is a lot a gas grill can do, and do it so easily.

Personally, I like being able to have a 2 zone set up. For that, I would think 3 burners is the minimum.
              4 is better.

Whatever gasser you pick, add grillgrates and flip em upside down. Best way to do a burger in my opinion.

For frying, a side burner is great.
              But If all you want to do is fry, then I'd just get a turkey fryer and pot.

Weber is high quality stuff, but it's expensive. I've been real happy with the Broil King I've got. Had it 6 years now. It's built like a tank. I'd buy another one tomorrow.

My dad has always grilled a lot and seems to get about 10 years of use out of a char broil, replacing the burners abiut 5 years in.

With my current set up, I use my PBC for a lot but still use my gasser for burgers, steak, fish, and fajitas. I cook chili on the side burner. It's also handy if you need to just sauce ribs off the smoker, or get the skin on chicken a little crisper. Also do all my veggies on the gasser.

Love my grillgrates but I can get a cast iron pan to 740 deg on the side burner...... Which puts a good sear on.

All, in all. It's more the cook than the grill. But buy a quality brand, with a side burner, and the most real estate you can afford. No one ever said, "man I wish my grill were smaller".

My brand of choice is Broil King. Built solid. Lots of features. Less expenaive than a Weber.
              Last edited by BFlynn; September 17, 2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Welcome from California! Good luck finding the best info about outdoor fryers. Haven’t fried much since we got an air fryer a couple years ago. I’ve got a 70k BTU burner I use for brewing beer, which also works great if I wanna fry a turkey (different pot, of course! 🍻), but it’s probably not the best option for apps.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here