Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from North Texas

South Texas Native here where the Mexican food is amazing but the BBQ is burned. I've since moved to DFW where the opposite is true. I got a WSM for fathers day last year and after intensive reading of this site I've been wowing my friends and family and becoming all the Texan I can be.

I've smoked:
    Ribs
    Chicken
    Pork Butts
    Turkey
    Brisket
    and Prime Rib

all thanks to Meathead. So there was no way I couldn't sign up for this. Looking forward to learning more from all of you!

Welcome to The Pit BeardBQ. We're gonna need to shorten that. It's awkward to type. BBQ isn't a name though. Hmmmm. Anyway, thanks for filling out your signature, which probably means you've seen the Welcome Letter as well

Have you been to the BBQ restaurants Pecan Lodge or Lockhart Smokehouse? They are in Dallas and both make awesome brisket. I'll give a slight nudge to Pecan Lodge but I'd gladly recommend either to anyone wanting good Texas style brisket. If you've been to them we'd love to hear your thoughts on them in the BBQ restaurant channel.

Pit Boss

Comment

Hi Pit Boss,
      I have been to Lockhart, many times, and its very good and very popular. They open at 11am and the lines forms before then. Luckily for me they have two locations now so one is just down the street from my work.

I know that Pecan Lodge just opened a full location in deep elum and I plan to make a trip down to try it. I'll go to the BBQ Restaurant channel and post some pictures/reviews.

Comment

Yes the Deep Elum location is where we went. The line was LONG. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Thanks in advance for the pics and review!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here