Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From The Sierras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Ha - I would do Quincy to Chico any day on a bike, but wouldn't go in the opposite direction. Coming down requires little effort, going up would kill me! Welcome, again. Glad to have you here.

• thedeckle
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Klfflowers, you bleed blue, too! And man,I have great memories of all kinds of delicious food in the Detroit area. Thanks for the welcome. Go Blue!

• thedeckle
    commented on 's reply
    tbob4, Northshore and Reno tahoe generally. But you my man, live near hwy-70, perhaps one of the most underrated scenic drives in the US. Quincy to Chico is amazing on a bike. I did it more than a few times. Had some ribs at Sweet Lorrainesnow that I think of it. They were ok, but not as good as what I'm gonna come up with now that I've found this site. Thanks for the welcome.

• thedeckle
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Tree. I'll check that one out one day when I start making my own. I did hear back from the granddaughter of the original owner. She says their sauce and rub is as close as I can get to the original, so I'll be giving them a try. I'll report back. Thanks again.
    Last edited by thedeckle; July 30, 2020, 05:00 PM.

• thedeckle
    commented on 's reply
    North Shore, Swartzter. Used to live in SLT and dealt dice at Harrah's for a few years in late 70's, early 80's.Great times.

• thedeckle
    commented on 's reply
    Yo, Fireman. Are you kidding? Bo was the man and the battles with Woody were just great. There was nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning and walking over to the Big House! Senior year we had 50 yard line seats and great memories to this day. And Bob Ufer was THE Meechigan man. Blue lost a great broadcaster when he slipped away. Jackson and Ufer ... they were college football to me.Thanks for the memories, Fireman!

• RichieB
    replied
    Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Welcome! Guess the first order of business is to figure out whether it's beef or pork ribs! May have to do both just to make sure.

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    replied
    Welcome from Southern Oregon.

I don't know if this will help... I have zero first hand knowledge or experience with what you are looking for, but just searched and found this...
    https://www.familycookbookproject.co...spareribs.html

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Huntington Beach (nowhere near the Sierra) welcomes you.

Sounds like you needs a new Cooker. Kamado or Kettle Ranch for those ribs?

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    Welcome from Chico, CA. Where about in the Sierras are you?

Leave a comment:

• swartzster
    replied
    Welcome from Washington. Where in the Sierras? I graduated from South Tahoe High. Good luck on the quest for your Detroit ribs

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Welcome from Maryland

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    You might remember the Bo, Glenn E. General Patton Schembechler Victory horn. It’ll be interesting what ya come up with as far as the recipes go. I fer one would never have equated BBQ with Windsor, let alone wibs. Welcome, eat good & have fun! "Smoke baby, Smoke"

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here