Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Texas BBQ'in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Texas BBQ'in

Howdy folks. Nice to join y'all. I'm really interested in expanding my BBQ repertoire. Oddly enough, pork ribs are one of the few things that I'm not a big fan of :-)

I feed a big family. Have 7 people in my house, including 4 hungry teenagers. I love cooking for my kids coaches and teams as well as our friends and neighbors.

I've got several cookers. My workhorse is my Traeger Texas Elite 34. I smoke and do a lot of grilling on it. I've got a Pit Boss 24" Kamado that I'm looking to do more pizza on, a Weber 22" kettle that I get out occasionally, a big gas grill that mostly sits idle, and a Mexican grill where the top is a Santa Maria Style and the bottom is like a Caja China box cooker (or Cajun microwave). It's fun for cooking a lot of stuff. I've also got an infrared cooker that I've used as an oilless fryer, it's great for big hunks of meat. My newest toy is a 36" Blackstone griddle which I've made hundreds of pancakes and smash burgers on.

My go-to cooks are brisket, beef ribs, and pulled pork. Recently cooked the Cornell Chicken recipe (and other than not halving the recipe) it was fantastic. Would really like to get into cold smoking to make bacon, but need to get a setup for that.

Look forward to learning from y'all. - Heath

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! You are set with cookers.

Comment

Heath, a perfect name fer a fella from Texas. So as you hinted at, pork isn’t in yer wheelhouse but do like bacon. Fair nuff, but with that gaggle of fam ya have I sure would like to try some Wibs on em & you. Look at our name Amazing Wibs. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor.

Comment

Welcome from central Texas also.

Comment

Welcome from SE Texas. You have quite the set up.

Comment

Howdy from Houston area

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Houston ??? Nope,, never heard of it..

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s this lil ole town down by the bayou. If you’re ever here, just ask around you’ll find me....eventually:’)

Welcome from NC

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Try smokin' a chuck roast, (OK - maybe two or three with 7 mouths to feed. )They cook like a butt, but normally need to go a bit higher in them to be probe tender and shredable.

Comment

• Heath Newburn
                        Heath Newburn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm working on the best way to sous vide and smoke those, a lot more manageable than a brisket.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Heath ...

Comment

Welome from Lawrence Kansas.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            WHA!?!?!?!

I live in LFK, few blocks from LMH...

Hit me up, let's cook, hang, etc.
                            We can do so responsibly, easily...

Please, do me a Personal Favour, an make an introduction post of yer own, so everbody here cain meetcha, an we all can jaw, some, okay???

I'll save my 'Howdy' fer there an then... Deal???
                            Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 21, 2020, 07:53 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here