Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello, my names Mike. I joined the pitmaster club today after ordering a large amount of grilling equipment. Within the next few weeks I'll have a brand new weber kettle 22" fully equipped with a Slow 'n' Sear, drip 'n' griddle, elevated cooking grate, and easy spin grill grate (all from snsgrills.com). It may not be a pro setup, but I'm very excited about it after cooking on the 10 year old Walmart gas grill all these years. Here's hoping my first charcoal experience goes well!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      South Africa??? Who knew? Thanks holehogg

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit and your New Weber set up!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Skip, looking forward to it!

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot Don. Hoping to get invested!

With that array of equipment you are complete fer anything, anyhow, any what! Charcoally speakin you hit it out of the park. Congrats, welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fireman!! I was hoping so. Charcoally speaking, lets get this party started!

Welcome from TN. Great to have you. Get ready for some good eating

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, ready for my first brisket! Thanks klflowers.

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Sweaty Paul. I'm hopin to get sweaty this summer too over my new weber.

Good luck and welcome from SC!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, thanks Blues1, always appreciate a good greeting!

Welcome to The Pit Mike. Ya don't need pro gear to get pro results. You will do just fine with what you have. Questions? Just ask away.

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great Ron. Comments like these are exactly why I joined the pit.

Welcome to the Pit! Yes, as stated, you have now what it takes. I'll never be without a Weber kettle and the rest only make it better!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hawker - That's exactly what I thought. It seems like the original kettle is a mainstay, especially since there's an entire company (sns) devoted to it's accessories!!!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      First thing I suggest is to make marks on your ash sweeper where the vents are full open and closed. Once you load it up with the SnS and meat you'll not be able to see the vents. I also added a third mark where I found my kettle ran around 225* to 250* for those low n slow cooks.

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info! Will do

Welcome from south Texas! Relax, it’ll be fun with all its ups and downs. Enjoy learning with the rest of us.

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Tanks Larry. I've had plenty of downs!! (Especially with pork...). Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! With your equipment you can produce good Q.

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks LA pork butt! I was hoping it would. Temp control was my biggest problem with my old gas grill!

Greetings from Florida and Welcome!!!

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome from the California Delta. Ya did good and you'll enjoy for many years.

Comment

• Smiwy
      Smiwy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ofelles! I'm glad I have your endorsement. I was starting to think I might get buyers remorse...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here