Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeakLink, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeakLink, here

Hey everyone, I just signed up to the forums. Let's see here, I'm 31 years old, live in Minnesota currently. It has been 3 long years since I have grilled anything. I had to give up my cheap gas Charbroil when we moved out here from Oregon, and due to apartment restrictions have not been able to replace it. My wife and I just bought a house, and it has a perfect backyard setup for grilling (size-able deck AND patio). So after weeks, possibly months, of reading reviews and just about every single article on this website I went out and bought a Weber Kettle. I am planning on upgrading within a few years, but I figured I would start with the basics, I haven't owned a charcoal grill before. I have just about everything setup for my first burn now I am waiting for some weather and time.

Anyways, this site has been a great help in explaining away many myths, and putting the science behind why things work. So after stealing away all the information I could get for free, I decided to pay and dig in deeper. I look forward to asking questions and posting results. I really appreciate everyone who has helped me so far (without you even knowing it). I look forward to the grilling sessions ahead of me.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Pit WeakLink

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit WeakLink! A Weber kettle is an excellent device, we wholeheartedly recommend using one to get into charcoal cooking. There's a new device coming out soon, the Slow 'N Sear, that helps turn your kettle into a slow smoker very easily too. Stay tuned!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks guys. Huskee done and done.

Comment

Welcome WeakLink! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome WeakLink. The first time I cooked on a Weber kettle I didn't realize the bottom vents were closed. Needless to say it was a very frustrating cook.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
              Welcome WeakLink. The first time I cooked on a Weber kettle I didn't realize the bottom vents were closed. Needless to say it was a very frustrating cook.

Ha! I bet. Yeah I already marked off with a permanent marker where the fully closed, fully opened and halfway points are for the bottom vent. Hopefully I don't make the same mistake as you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here