Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Central California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Central California

Hello all,

I'm Bill, I live in central California. I grew up eating barbecued or grilled meats that were completely dried out and tasted more like charcoal than meat; my dad wanted to make sure everything was cooked thoroughly and did not believe in using marinades or seasonings (I have no idea why). I finally started grilling in the last 10 years or so, first with propane and now with charcoal. I started with tri-tips and Pappy's Seasoning and for years that's all I did. I now have an Oklahoma Joe's offset smoker, although I have never used the fire box. I am experimenting with ribs, pork shoulders, tri-tips, and steaks. I am pretty happy with the pork shoulder and tri-tip, still working on ribs and steak.

I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and have already used the reverse sear method several times with fantastic results. I have also tried some of the recipes, mainly the rib rub and barbecue sauce. I've got several thermometers and a gasket kit for the smoker on the way. This is going to be my new hobby; my wife loves good food and heartily approves of this being my new hobby. I am looking forward to learning a lot and cooking better food.

Welcome, This is an awesome site, so much information!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a Californian escapee now living in the Okanogan Valley of Washington state.

Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun.

If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like.

For jokes, go to this thread.

And here to enjoy some beautiful sunsets.

Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here.

We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Oh, and we'll see how much your wife likes your new hobby when you are purchasing your fifth cooker! ;-)

Comment

• MadBadger
        MadBadger commented
        Editing a comment
        I've found all kinds of neat posts already; I like this place!

I think she'd be OK with some more cookers. I'm already planning a propane burner with the disc type frying tub (I know there's a name for it but it escapes me right now). Her in-laws use that to cook codornices...I'm also planning a fixed (cinder block) Santa Maria BBQ. She is on board for now (we'll see if it lasts!!)

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Delta. Be afraid this hobby can be a rabbit hole. But a tasty one.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
          Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! It sounds like you are firmly on the Pit road.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bill.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            Rubs Promo
                            Meat-Up in Memphis