Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie signing on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie signing on

Greetings fellow Pitmasters,

Although I certainly can't claim to be one yet! My name is Alex Binger. My wife just got me a Pitmaster Club membership for my birthday and I am signing on for the first time. Just a quick bio:

My wife put a smoker on our wedding registry in October 2018. A Masterbuilt Adventure Series electric smoker. Needless to say, my interest in smoking and grilling meats has exploded in the short time since then! In the last 15 months, I have added a Weber Jumbo Joe, a Traeger Pro Series 22, a Pit Barrel Cooker, AND a PK 360! Now I fire up a grill or smoker almost every weekend. I will be looking for guidance and tips from all of you seasoned veterans!

I am from Ohio and work in public school finance as a Treasurer/CFO of a career-tech school district in NW Ohio. My wife and I just welcomed our first child, a daughter named Lettie Kay, over the Christmas holiday.

Look forward to chatting with you all and learning a bunch! You can find me also on Instagram as abinger25.

-Binger

PS I have include a couple pictures of some of my cooks in the last 15 months since I got started on this smoky journey!
    Attached Files

Welcome from Chico, CA. I am glad I just ate breakfast because I would have eaten my computer screen for that cheesesteak sandwich. Congrats on Lettie Kay and tell your wife she is special for getting you this membership.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from La Crosse Wi. Looks and sounds like you will fit right in here. Great looking food. Make sure you find your way over to the "show us what you are cooking thread". https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...19-2020/page74

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Alex ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Alex.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! abinger25
                Looks like you are on track with BBQ..
                Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Some good looking cooks there.

Comment

Welcome from TN. I am from your neck of the woods - born in Toledo, though I grew up in Detroit. Spent a lot of time up the road from you at Cedar Point.

Good looking cooks!

Comment

• abinger25
                      abinger25 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have spent tons of time in Detroit since I am a huge Red Wings fan! And grew up about 10 minutes from Cedar Point, had a season pass most of my life!

Welcome! I’m in Colorado now, but was raised in NW Ohio.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia. Looks great to me!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome from Oregon! Looks good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here