Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wooohoooo here from the Okanagan to pretend i know how to cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooohoooo here from the Okanagan to pretend i know how to cook.

Hey guys/gals. My name is Gumby fresh out of rehab and lovin life. I always had a Passion for good food and BBQ, i am a welder by trade and currently living in Armstrong BC, Canada. My mission here is to try all of your guys recipes and report back. I am by no means a master but i can tell doneness by feel, my previous experience is a few seasons of BBQ Pit Masters while i was on my couch and i am rocking a Treiger Pellet smoker and hickory/apple wood blend. I found this site looking for corned beef recipe and was absolutely blown away by how detailed and knowledgeable the author (meathead) was about it. No way i was going to not bookmark this site and support it. what a gem. Anywho i am open to trying all things, i mean. i got some "Baby Octopuses" in my freezer and i have NO idea what i am going to do with them so maybe after i get all my new member steps done i will find a recipe for em. Also, if the owner of the Station Smokehouse in vernon is on here i wouldn't mind askin a few questions about your brisket.

Welcome to The Pit Gumby! Thanks for your support. You mention you tell doneness by feel- you should really get your hands on a good digital thermometer though, then you'll never have to pretend you know how to cook again! Can't help you with the octopus though. I'd be interested to hear how that turns out.

Since you mentioned "new member steps", well, here they are- please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Had to look up Okanagan, pretty place. Welcome, I know somebody on here will know what to do with your octopuses, but that person is definitely not me.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and thanks for the support.

Comment

Welcome from Calgary! I love the Okanagan, it is definitely one of the world's best places, especially in the summer with fresh peaches and cherries, inland salmon runs, perfect mountain lakes, paradise.

PS: Go Flames!

Comment

Haha, thanks guys. Octopuses turned out horrible. Not much of a seafood guy but i like trying new things. Quick question, what you guys paying per pound on brisket? i moved to the okanagan two months ago and was blown away, some butchers want 8$ a pound! that was standing rib roast cost back in cattle country.

PS: Flames Ftw

Comment

Hello there Gumby!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here