Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a new member in Montana. I have been smoking meats for use by myself, family and friends for about 20 years. I still use charcoal and wood and have not graduated to sawdust and glue yet. I am not sure I ever will. I continually look to improve my skills and am not interested in competitive cooking. I moved to Montana from KC many years ago and still like their style of smoking. I am anxious to see what I can learn from all the great members of this group.

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. Being a pellet pooper owner I am very happy with it. Though I must acknowledge that stick burners are great also, great smoke profile, just more attention than I am able to give........Oh, look a puppy!
    Last edited by ofelles; June 24, 2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• pgsims
      pgsims commented
      Editing a comment
      With my old Good One I can go several hours without touching it

Welcome to the pit from Colorado. Looking forward to your contributions and learning along with you.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. What part of Montana? I spent several years in Great Falls back in the mid-late 70’s. Still go back once in a while to visit the in-laws.

Comment

• pgsims
        pgsims commented
        Editing a comment
        Butte, I have been here since 1980 although I will never be a native

Welcome to the Pit from the Okanogan Valley of Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun.

If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like.

For jokes, go to this thread.

Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here.

We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from the Seattle area!
        While we’re always learning, I’m guessing you have some experience to share here as well - looking forward to hearing of your BBQ adventures.

Comment

• pgsims
          pgsims commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Still learning

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! So, what do you cook on?

Comment

• pgsims
                pgsims commented
                Editing a comment
                I am using a couple of original Good One smokers I got in KC many years ago

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                pgsims I cook on a Kamado, but I have eyed the Good One for a long time. It looks like a fun versatile cooker.

• pgsims
                pgsims commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can find an older one try it, Better steel

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya, Brother!

originally from EXSPGSMO, an been runnin my Good One, since last August, when I won it here on Amazin Ribs! )

Comment

• pgsims
                      pgsims commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have had mine since the mid 1990's and still going strong. Maybe the late 90's

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cool beans, sir, cool beans, indeed!

I loves th Hail outta mine, an sings Her praise, fer all to hear!

I had looked at many on KC CL, even went, looked at a few...had th fever, bad-like...

Most were good deals, but needed lotsa repaint, etc.

Then, one day.... BAM!!!!

One landed RTF in my lap!

Free Ship, even

pgsims

Welcome to the Pit!
                    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
                    Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.
                    Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
                    Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado.

Click here for our article on this exciting cooker

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order