Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm all in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all in

Live in Austin, Texas. I've always enjoyed grilling since my first Weber. Beer in left hand, spatula in right hand. Just sold my old Costco propane grill. Bought a Kamado Joe Classic. Will build a covered outdoor kitchen on my patio. Will also get a natural gas grill. Reading a lot to get back in the game, cook on charcoal and maybe do a better job...now that I'm well into my sixties and committed to learning to become a great outdoor cook. My wife wants us to go vegetarian and I'm hoping this will turn her away from the dark side. Maybe half and half. This website looks great for getting lots of useful information. Nice to be on board.

Great to have you here. Tons of great information here a d a lot of very helpful people.

Comment

Mmmm... Mushrooms.

Huntington Beach welcomes you!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! Most Pit Members eat vegetables too!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor. There's plenty to learn on this site if you put in the effort. The KJ is a good start when going down the kamado path. The company is good about standing behind their product. Last week I was doing a pizza, at high heat (over 700 on the stone) and the fire ring cracked (part of the "bowl" that holds the charcoal). I bought mine around 7 years ago, and despite the time elapsed they stood behind their lifetime warrantee. I called in today, then filled out the online claim form, and got the acknowledgement back within a couple hours that they were going to send out the new, improved design fire bowl as a replacement...…………….no charge. Now, you've got your work cut out getting the wife off that vegetarian kick......good luck!

Comment

Keep the wife happy as you can, keep smokin’ what you can, it will all work out in the end

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                Glad yer here, to learn along with me!

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Let’s hope the Force is strong with you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

So she wants you to become a vegeteranian? Along with herself? Well, just roast & smoke a bunch of veggies along with marrying them to some meat & yer problem oughta be solved. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanderTexas View Post
                        My wife wants us to go vegetarian and I'm hoping this will turn her away from the dark side. Maybe half and half. This website looks great for getting lots of useful information. Nice to be on board.
                        Thats pretty straightforward.

Steak and steak fries. Hot dogs and baked beans. Burgers and corn. Chicken and potato salad.

What all these have in common is that they are half vegetarian. You should be clear from here!

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida.

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana! Good luck with that vegetable issue.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here