Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspiring Pitmaster from NH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspiring Pitmaster from NH!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm super excited to find this community as I am currently head over heels with barbecue. I started small smoking pork butts (using wood chips and foil packets) on a gas grill about a year ago and I JUST CAN'T STOP! Pair that with Aaron Franklin's Masterclass and book and to say it's an obsession would be a huge understatement. With that said I'm currently trying to take barbecue from a hobby to a profession in the upcoming year or two. I have spent too long staring into a computer screen with zero satisfaction and I just can't ignore how much I love this stuff!

With that being said I'm currently trying to build a offset smoker (homebuilt) out of a 500 Gal propane tank. I have the plans drawn up, just need some help ironing out the details. I looked for a "master post" on topics like this but couldn't find it with the search button. Where's the best place to ask questions about building these Goliath smokers of glory? Thank you for the help!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to yer adventures...

Comment

Geez, when you take on a project you take on a project. Well, there is plenty of help with everything you can muster up in the line of questions even for that rig you’re building. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Good luck with your project. Do a Bing search Building a smoker from a 500 gallon propane tank, that will give you a bunch of how to's.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Ya, like fireman said you dive right in! Can't help you with the build. But there are plenty of people here who can and will.
          Careful, the thing with obsessions is they take over. But then again MORE is BETTER

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Ahumadora might be able to help.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              And Henrik too.

Welcome from Maryland. Just ask your questions about the cooker and it will be answered by some of our master craftsmen and those would have been down that path before. We are all here to help.

Comment

Ahumadora builds big tankers, I'm sure he'll chime in here. Welcome to the Pit from THE Republic of Texas!! We're glad you are here and look forward to your contributions to our knowledge base !!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama!

All I can say is wow! Going from smoking on a gas grill to going "pro" in a year or two is a fast progression! I've been smoking for 30+ years on an old offset, and more recently on a Weber Kettle, and don't think I could handle the work it takes to do it as a job. My first job was flipping burgers at a Wendy's in 1982, and those 6 months were long enough to tell me I didn't want a career in food service. Too hard! Good luck pursuing it though! We all need a dream - and like you, I spend a lot of time dreaming of the next thing I am going to smoke!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... you’ll find all kinds of smoker-building discussions here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rs-and-refurbs
                    Last edited by MBMorgan; June 10, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here