Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learned a lot in a few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!! Never can have to many Vikings fans!! That way we can share in the miseryšŸ˜šŸ˜

Comment

Welcome Surly Viking from a fellow Minnesotan! I hope you enjoy The Pit. Cheer on the Twins too! Smoke on!

Comment

Welcome from TN from a displaced Lion's fan. Talk about surly

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Youā€™ve already found folks here with wide and deep experience on all sorts of cookers, glad to offer support.

Over many years Iā€™ve had gassers (both bad and good), stick burners, charcoal cookers and a Primo kamado that I loved but passed on to family. Iā€™ve now joined the pellet cooker club with a Yoder YS640, and itā€™s partnered with s 22Ć¢ā‚¬Ā kettle with both a Slow n Sear and Vortex.

The real joy is cooking good food and feeding friends. But MCS is always lurkingšŸ™„šŸ¤£, beware!

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas!!

You might want to talk about the Twins vs the Vikes. Twins got it goin on this year

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Vikings fan from up here too.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. As for your football choice, Iā€™m sorry.

Comment

OK about yer name, but, do we have to watch that we just donā€™t call ya Surly? Welcome, eat good & have fun!
                  Last edited by FireMan; May 12, 2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Surly Viking
                    Surly Viking commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Surly is fine. I have been called worse!

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
                  Welcome from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard.

I have two Genesis gas grills at the moment, and those suckers last forever if you maintain them and replace a part every now and then. I think a kamado will be a great addition to your arsenal. Not sure they are exactly "cleaning free" however! .
                  Yeah, I neglected my current Genesis and did not clean the entire inside often enough. The scraping of the lid and the crud under the heat elements. I do that once per year vs as often as I should. Just did it again, and that got me thinking ceramic so I can just burn off the gunk. I understand I would still need to clean some parts. But it looks like less work to me.

I really may end up with both a ceramic and eventually a new weber with the sear burner.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	72
Size:	974.9 KB
ID:	677803

Comment

Welcome from central Texas. Beer, BBQ, and football you're in the right place. I've had a kamado Joe for 3 years and like it. I saw them at Lowes last weekend for $749 with all the accessories. That said there are several good Kamados on the market.

Comment

• Surly Viking
                      Surly Viking commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm kinda scared, the road show is coming to MN next weekend. I was planning on waiting a year. But damn. I like deals

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Surf City! I cook on a Primo XL and I'm very happy with it. Clean out is not that difficult or messy. Like others have said, ash removal after 12 hours of cooking and before a long overnighter is what I do. I scrub my grates after every cook though.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here