Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Apple Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Apple Country

I've come across the Amazing Ribs site a few times as I researched smokers and grills in the past. I had just about convinced myself I wanted a pellet smoker from Green Mountain and that I should wait for a possible Black Friday sale. I'm not much of a forum joiner so I had decided I didn't need to join the Pit.

Then after a few days of drooling over smoker websites and youtube videos, I thought what the hell and signed up for the free trial and I discovered this darn thread.

Now my browser bookmarks bar has tracking links to shipments from Adrenaline, BBQgurus, Fireboard, and BBQgaskets. Thanks a lot, you yahoos. I'm going to be spending all next week drilling holes in my poor Weber 22" kettle and installing this junk.

On a serious note, of all the forums I've come across, this one has got to be one of the friendliest, most helpful, and well moderated that I've seen. I look forward to learning a lot from you folks.

I live in North Central Washington, and I've grilled a few steaks in my time, but never tried smoking. I grew up in the Midwest dousing pyramids of Kingsford in lighter fluid and incinerating the cheapest thin cut round steaks we could find until they had to be swimming in Worcestershire to be edible. Discovering medium-rare ribeye was a revelation. My best work recently has been sous vide and sear or Instant Pot roasts. I've been trying reverse sear the last few days with decent results. I'm looking forward to learning to smoke larger cuts of meat. I've got a pile of skin-on chicken thighs in the fridge right now waiting for me to figure out what to do with them.

Welcome to the Pit
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia. You have surely come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from the Florida panhandle.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Glad yer here, lookin forward to yer contributions!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning in the Pit from Dallas, TX!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas! Looks like you’re having fun here already!

Comment

Well golly shucks, always wanted to be called a yahoo! Thank you very much (in my best Elvis voice). Glad to see you got hooked on junk too. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here