Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Mississauga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
      Welcome to the Pit! I cook on a Big Green Egg and if there are a lot of wiNd gusts it can wreck havoc. You might need to devise a wind break. Without gusting winds my BGE holds steady.
      I have had wind gust problems in the past but winds were relatively calm today.
      Thinking to much fuel today, got it to hot right off the bat.
      One thing that did help was it poured rain during most of the smoke otherwise it would have been a blast furnace.
      Dampening this smoker has always been a real hit or a real miss.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        smokin fool when I am doing low and slow at 225 I always start with a small fire in the middle. If I am cooking for a roasting or grilling temperature I start small fires at 10, 2, and 6. Also, I always fill the cooker to the same level for all cooks to create consistency on each cook. Starting without a full load of charcoal moves the food farther away from the food. Hope this helps.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Last two cooks have taken your suggestion on fire size into consideration and have really cut back on the amount of fuel used and fire size with excellent results.
        For some reason I had it my head no matter how much charcoal used I could control temp by dampening.
        Your simple suggestion has improved my smokes night and day.
        Thank you.

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
      Welcome to the Pit! If you haven't heard "no pictures? never happened" Can't wait to see what ya cooking next!
      Sorry bro, I gotta better chance of dating a Kardashian than figuring out how to post a pic....

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        LoL! You play in the NBA?
        No, it is pretty easy. May not be in the order you want though. They (we) have a "how to thing" in the Channels area.

Initially signed up as a trial member, like it so much paid up and became a club member last night.
      Hope to smoke ribs this weekend....again, in the pouring rain by the looks of it....

Comment

Now that we got yer money are you in fer it! Welcome, eat good and have fun!
        BTW you are right next to the R Province eh?

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I can't see it, but I know its there

A belated welcome to The Pitmaster Club! Thank you for your support.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit !
          from Winnipeg !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here