Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Illinois / Bolingbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Illinois / Bolingbrook

Hello from another Illinois new member (Bolingbrook)!

Been grilling, and attempting to smoke on my Weber for 15 years now, but tomorrow I take delivery of my Yoder 480.. .can't wait!

From other northern Illinois folks, where do you source fantastic meats?

Standard Market in Naperville closed this week. I was just at Standard Market Westmont (one of Meatheads personal places), and it was severely lacking in selection, and I fear they're going under too. They didn't have any briskets, and just one small pork butt.

I'm looking to source some Prime Briskets, and Heritage Pork, anyone have any good places that regularly carries them? I'm all for hitting up the local farmers markets, but I'd rather not wait when the bug hits me to smoke something. I'm not against taking an adventurous road trip either out to somewhere remote, or farm.

A new Yoder?
    480?
    Gotta tell ya, boudreaux: purty dadgummed excited fer ya, cain't hardly wait to see some pics!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, (Home of th Yoders, BTW ), Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

• bobflorian
      bobflorian commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, 480! I ordered from All Things BBQ. Nearly took a road trip out to see em, but wouldn't have a way to get it home! We'll see how the FedEx semi truck does on my residential streets tomorrow with a 480lb skid

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Reckon yer delivery'll be otay, Brother...
      I've had more'n one set down, out fronta my home...

P.S.: Them skids make a Handy Dandy 'starter deck', if ya ain't currently got one...

Welcome from Winnipeg. Enjoy the new cooker.

Comment

Welcome, guess you haven’t heard of the SlowNSear for your kettle. You’ll want to pick one up anyways for what it will turn your kettle into. Take pics of your Yoder & first cook, we’d like to see em. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
        Welcome, guess you haven’t heard of the SlowNSear for your kettle. You’ll want to pick one up anyways for what it will turn your kettle into. Take pics of your Yoder & first cook, we’d like to see em. Eat good and have fun!
        I've heard of it, but the Kettle has seen better days, and nearly rusting out the bottom. Time for something new!

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          New is always good! 🕶

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from TN. Get another kettle too, too, you can never have too many.

Comment

• bobflorian
            bobflorian commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the way you think.... What's your favorite place in TN? Will be driving through this summer. Top Hog in Gallatin was fantastic last couple times I was in town.

Welcome from Louisiana!

Comment

Welcom from the Republic of Texas !! Check out online sources for meat if you can’t find a local source. Start with Snake River Farms !!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome! We're happy you've joined up with a Trial membership, we hope you choose to stick around. Often you'll find Prime briskets at Costco, and sometimes Sam's. REALLY good prices too compared to online sources.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Sam’s club has prime meat section in Southern Illinois stores.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here