Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit from NW Washington state. I would start with a pork butt for the reasons Donw said.

Comment

Welcome...Which exit?

Comment

Welcome to the pit SmokieV
        Cheers from Norway

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the PIT. I'm gonna disagree with almost everyone and suggest you can't break ribs, but you risk it on a brisket.

Get a burn-in on ribs, then go the distance. Pics are, in fact, mandatory.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Congrats on yer new cooker, an sounds liike ya had several of th ones I usedta have, or in some cases, still do...
            Lookin forward to seein yer cooks, on that puppy!

As far as first cook, brisket vs butt? Guess I'll go against th grain, an see, Hail, why not throw both on?
            Th pork butt'l give yall summat to eat, while yer waitin fer th brisky to git done!
            Happy Cookin, amigo!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI. Butt is very forgiving and who does not like Pig Candy?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here