Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon-Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourbon-Q

Writing y'all from Eugene, Oregon. After a texting teenager on the freeway scrambled my brains and left me disabled, I decided since wielding a chainsaw was removed from my future that I might try my hand at the food truck industry. Pretty sure most those guys I've met in those trucks have been scrambled as well. Always been a hardcore briquet and wood chip guy for BBQing and smoking and I love to put smiles on peoples faces with food I create, so a BBQ truck just makes sense. Wanted to work on some recipes and come up with a hook before launching this thing and then it hit me! A Eureka! moment if ever there was one. I will have a limited menu, and everything will have bourbon in it! What's better than good bourbon and Q? I'm gonna call it The Bourbon-Q Pit! Now I know there is a bunch of stuff about how alcohol affects meat, but I'm stubborn and don't listen. My idea is a good one, dog gone it! And tonight, I perfected my brisket. I'll post my recipe under the recipes here. Thanks for such a great place to meet, learn and share.

Welcome to The Pit! Sorry to hear about the terrible misfortune, but it sure sounds like you aren't letting anything keep you down! Kudos! Thank you for your support here, we're happy to have you.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• The Bourbon-Q Pit
      The Bourbon-Q Pit commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, you are prompt. I'm doing the assigned homework that I didn't get to yet and my screen name changed. Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle!

Bourbon and Q, what could possibly go wrong? You go, man! And welcome to the pit!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      I'm so glad to have ya here, an lookin forward to hearin more of yer adventures!

Comment

Something catchy about that name, has a ring to it!

Cheers! Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina.

Comment

• The Bourbon-Q Pit
          The Bourbon-Q Pit commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope I'm not gonna end up owing any royalties here ;-)

Welcome and good luck from southeast Michigan!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and best of luck with the Food Truck!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Can't wait to see pics of the truck in action!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Hans. Here's a link to a topic of someone here who started their own food truck:

Journey's are fun! Sometimes hard, sometimes exhilarating, usually involving a lot of work, and often blessed by the generosity and wisdom of others, as in Meathead

Comment

• Willy
                  Willy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You beat me to it! Good job with appropriate info!

Huntington Beach welcomes you and some of that brisket and Bourbon!

Comment

Welcome! Rooting for you from NYC!

Comment

Good luck Hans and welcome to the Pit !! Sometimes good things come out of tragic events in our lives. Let's hope that's the case with you !!!

Comment

I am the colleector of all royalties since I’m paying for most everything around here. Welcome, eat good & have fun & keep cookin.

Comment

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        why aren't you paying for the meat for my rodeo?

Welcome from No Cal

Comment

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My dad has a really horrible life ... he's retired in Santa Rosa. Poor fella

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here