Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BasketCase24 from Illinois - grill goes even when the snow blows....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BasketCase24 from Illinois - grill goes even when the snow blows....

I'm a novice smoker... got a Weber bullet for Father's Day, birthday, Fourth of July and whatever other events were needed to sponsor the expense!

I found Amazing Ribs via internet search, and I love the "why" explanations. I am in a very technical field, so I love understanding what is happening, what are myths, etc.

I also have a Weber grill, and bought my son in AZ a smokey Joe to use when I'm there (instead of his gas Weber...). We did smoked Turkey legs last July 4th - to die for...

We always do the Turkey for Thanksgiving on the grill, so this year I added some smoke and slow cooked it. Very good.

The best thing I've learned is to get good thermometers. I splurged on two probes and a Dot thermometer - worked INCREDIBLY well for Memphis-dusted split fresh chicken.

Well, got some snow so time to literally dust off the grill. Thanks for the education!!

Welcome WT! We're glad you're here. When you have a moment check out Huskee's homework thread in the main Welcome and Announcements Channel. It'll help you get acclimated. Again, welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Wicker. We're always happy to have more winter smokers among us.

Comment

Welcome, this time of year I really like my Pit Barrel. My last cook was 8 hours, took me 5 minutes to setup and light the fire, dumped the coals and hung the food 20 minutes later, and only had to go out twice during the whole cook. Most people have their grills locked away so they are often surprised that I work so hard out in freezing temps to get them good food, but really I'm usually inside watching football the whole time.

Comment

Hello WT, Welcome

Comment

Hi Wicker, welcome to the Pit

Comment

Glad to see I am not alone in cooking outside during the winter. Well, sort of as grill and smoker are in the garage, just open to keep the smoke from taking over the house. Welcome, lots of knowledge here, learn from the mistakes of others and the successes as well.

Comment

Welcome WickerT! You seem just the type of hardcore griller that will fit in nicely here. We appreciate your support and look forward to more from you.

As Pit Boss mentioned we have a homework assignment for new members, it walks you through some aspects of "Pit life" here, as well as helps you set up your signature and learn the best way to post nice big photos here to brag a little about your cooks and your gear, etc. You can find it here: homework assignment post for new members.

Look forward to more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here