Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there! Johan / Boltisbbq from Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there! Johan / Boltisbbq from Sweden

Hi! New member from Sweden here!

My name is Johan Broström, also called Boltisbbq (or just Boltis) and got introduced to this page and forum by a barbeque-friend of mine, Henrik - Hank´s true BBQ. Pretty wellknown here I think. =)

I´m 35 years old and married to a great wife and have two wonderful kids. My regular 8-5 job is as a salesman, selling garden and golf machines, but I also have my own firm that I call Boltisbbq where I import and sell leather aprons and cuttingboards made in the Netherlands.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram and Facebook. You find me as boltisbbq there as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	13912635_10153922727588869_2584967877588539007_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	466220

During this short period of time here on the forum I have already got a lot of great inspiration and learnt a bunch of "good to know" stuff. Thanks for that! Hopefully I can contribute in some way later.

I´m a grill and BBQ enthusiast that light up my grills at least 2-4 times a week year around and I think I qualify as a real meat-lover. I love a great steak and burgers is a big favorite, but I appreciate a good vegetarian meal as well but that´s the area I need to improve the most I think. Both whole meals and sides.

I´m no pro, not even close. Self-taught and I love to experiment. I love to cook a decent meal and really tries to make it look good when I serve it.

I also function as a writer/author on one big Bbqsite/Facebookforum in Sweden called BbqLovers.se. I try to share some of my ideas and pics there. Don’t really know if I´m allowed to share links to other sites (didn´t find it in the rules) but here you have one of my post. Unfortunately for you guys in Swedish but you might get the idea. A buther´s steak I did a while back.

https://bbqlovers.se/helgrillad-njurtapp/

My current grillsetup:

Kamado Big Joe 2017 – Equipped with everything except Joetisserie and soapstone I think.

Kamado Joe Junior upgraded with Smokeware chimney, kick ash basket, bigger thermometer (as on the Big Joe), cast iron grate.

BarrelQ Big – A big oil thin with the possibility to grill in. Almost like an Ugly drum smoker but without the option to smoke. At this point at least…

Weber Go Anywhere Gas with cast iron grate

Weber Go Anywhere Charcoal with cast iron grate

As you can see i love cast iron! And I also have some other grills but those I don´t use very often.

My big Project for this summer is to build a decent outdoor kitchen. Looking forward to it!

Glad to be here and hope you understand my English. I attach some pictures as well.

Thanks !

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_SmartSelect_2018-03-12-19-46-31.jpg Views:	1 Size:	730.2 KB ID:	466222

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180210_155946_862.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.7 KB ID:	466190Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180214_144934_039.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	466191Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180225_141737_143.jpg Views:	1 Size:	157.4 KB ID:	466193Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180304_181505_534.jpg Views:	1 Size:	229.3 KB ID:	466194Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180122_190614_687.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	466195Click image for larger version  Name:	20180303_133409-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	466197Click image for larger version  Name:	20180114_120914-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.42 MB ID:	466198Click image for larger version  Name:	20180211_173535-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.22 MB ID:	466199Click image for larger version  Name:	20180303_133239-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.78 MB ID:	466200Click image for larger version  Name:	20180304_165919-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	466201Click image for larger version  Name:	20180218_164218-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	6.49 MB ID:	466202 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180309_212957_055.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	466224
    Last edited by Boltisbbq; March 12, 2018, 01:24 PM.

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb
    Welcome to the Pit Boltisbbq from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here. We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation. Henrik ,eh? Who's he? ;-)
    Thanks! Appreciate it! Great tips regarding the other topics as well!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! We are happy to have you. It is great to have another Swede in The Pit! I can see that some of Henrik 'S photo skills have rubbed off on you. (or maybe it is the other way around)

I also have a KJ Jr.. I love it for searing up a single steak or making a small rack of ribs. It seems like you have a solid foundation to your outdoor cooking arsenal. I look forward to seeing your cooks. Appreciate you joining us!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        Welcome to The Pit! We are happy to have you. It is great to have another Swede in The Pit! I can see that some of Henrik 'S photo skills have rubbed off on you. (or maybe it is the other way around)

I also have a KJ Jr.. I love it for searing up a single steak or making a small rack of ribs. It seems like you have a solid foundation to your outdoor cooking arsenal. I look forward to seeing your cooks. Appreciate you joining us!
        Thank you for your kind words! =)
        I really love my junior as well. I think I use it almost as much as my Big Joe actually. Even bigger pieces of meat works great in the small one. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Boltisbbq View Post

Thank you for your kind words! =)
          I really love my junior as well. I think I use it almost as much as my Big Joe actually. Even bigger pieces of meat works great in the small one. =)
          Oh yeah, a pork shoulder will fill the whole chamber, but it just keeps smoking away. I know you know what you are doing, but check out this thread, tons of great info on Kamados. Also, have you ever tried using a smoke pot? I find that I get some really clean smoke using one in my BGE. It would be perfect for that Big Joe.

Comment

Velkommen fra Colorado ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post

Oh yeah, a pork shoulder will fill the whole chamber, but it just keeps smoking away. I know you know what you are doing, but check out this thread, tons of great info on Kamados. Also, have you ever tried using a smoke pot? I find that I get some really clean smoke using one in my BGE. It would be perfect for that Big Joe.
              All tips appreciated. =) U are never fully educated. My junior behaves very different for example depending if you use the Kab or not or the smokeware shimney or not. A whole lot different flow and so on.
              ​​​​​​
              I haven't used a ceramic smoke pot, but I have a couple in metal but don't use them anymore. When I used my previous Weber 57's I often used the pot because it was harder to adjust the flow so the smoking wood burnt up to fast. I don't feel the same about the ceramic grills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
                Velkommen fra Colorado ...
                Tack tack. =)

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! Family has spent some time with friends in Gothenburg. Beautiful place.

Comment

Regarding getting the great, clear blue smoke, for me it works the best leaving the top vent fully open and just change the bottom one. Best flow that way I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BourBonQ View Post
                      Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! Family has spent some time with friends in Gothenburg. Beautiful place.
                      Couldn't agree more! Gothenburg is a really nice city. Even though I don't live nearby I also think that you should visit Stockholm if you have the opportunity. During summertime it's fantastic. Thank you for your welcoming! =)

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. You certainly have the right equipment and I am looking forward to seeing some of your future cooks.

Comment

And there he is! A great welcome to the pit! This sure is a great place to hang out.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Johan.

Comment

Any friend of Henrik’s is certainly more than welcome! From a Swedish-American from Texas, good to have you brother!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here