Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising the Smoke for South Africans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg Canada. That looks like a great rig you are working on. Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Comment

Went to work on the rig, I need to finish it. The wife’s birthday on Wednesday and she mentioned eating out of the rig for a birthday present. Don’t see it happening
          While there I did a dry run on the smoker before my brisket smoke on Monday to see the effects of my changes. As mentioned before I added two additional air vents to the RHS of the smoker. During the test the infrared burners seem to be starved of air after a short while of burning and if I don’t have the exhaust valve fully open it seems as if they won’t burn. Not enough oxygen? The 2 ring gas burner seems happy. The infrared burners will not be used for smoking but to heat up the box and water and help get the wood smoking. I will be using them when the box doubles as a pizza oven. I obviously must add more inlets or is there something I am not getting….some guidance please.

Comment

Welcome! Now post an authentic recipe for monkey gland steak!

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya got me!!!!!!!!!!! Though (I did get the Worchestershire.

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              3 medium onions
              15ml Cooking oil
              60ml Tomato Sauce
              60ml (you know what)
              50ml Vinegar
              60ml Brown Sugar
              30ml Chutney
              Pinch of salt and pepper
              Brown onions in oil and blend. If you want a thicker sauce double the ingredients except the onions.
              Last edited by holehogg; November 11, 2017, 05:39 PM.

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Bless yer heart and many thanks!!

When I was in about 5th grade, a local cafe featured monkey gland steak--minute steak with a tasty sauce. I didn't know until maybe ten years ago that it was an actual dish from SA instead of something they just made up. Still have very fond memories of that dish. We need more places doing braai in the US.

Comment

holehogg, Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are Mandatory❗️
              Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
              Congratsulations on Your New Smoker👍👍👍👍👍‼️ You better Get the Patent Lawyers on retainer❗️ You'll be able to Lock Up South Africa❓ Royalties and License Fees from Across the Land 💸💸‼️
              Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Many thanks to you, holehogg . We made your monkey gland sauce last night, served alongside our first ever hanger steaks, and it was superb! Thanks again for sharing the recipe, although it was pretty tough finding the monkey glands. LOL

May all your Braai be excellent!

Comment

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Willy Glad you enjoyed Inspired me to make some, it's been a long time since I last had.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here