Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising the Smoke for South Africans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    Willy Glad you enjoyed Inspired me to make some, it's been a long time since I last had.

• Willy
    replied
    Many thanks to you, holehogg . We made your monkey gland sauce last night, served alongside our first ever hanger steaks, and it was superb! Thanks again for sharing the recipe, although it was pretty tough finding the monkey glands. LOL

May all your Braai be excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    holehogg, Welcome to "The Pit"❗️ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️ Attendance and Participation are Mandatory❗️
    Enjoy "The Pit"‼️
    Congratsulations on Your New Smoker👍👍👍👍👍‼️ You better Get the Patent Lawyers on retainer❗️ You'll be able to Lock Up South Africa❓ Royalties and License Fees from Across the Land 💸💸‼️
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Bless yer heart and many thanks!!

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    3 medium onions
    15ml Cooking oil
    60ml Tomato Sauce
    60ml (you know what)
    50ml Vinegar
    60ml Brown Sugar
    30ml Chutney
    Pinch of salt and pepper
    Brown onions in oil and blend. If you want a thicker sauce double the ingredients except the onions.
    Last edited by holehogg; November 11, 2017, 05:39 PM.

• Willy
    replied
    When I was in about 5th grade, a local cafe featured monkey gland steak--minute steak with a tasty sauce. I didn't know until maybe ten years ago that it was an actual dish from SA instead of something they just made up. Still have very fond memories of that dish. We need more places doing braai in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Ya got me!!!!!!!!!!! Though (I did get the Worchestershire.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    holehogg that was fantastic, just sayin!

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    Bestanddele
    3 Middelslag-uie, geskil en grof gekap
    15ml Kookolie
    60ml Tamatiesous
    60ml Worcestersous
    60ml Asyn
    60ml Bruin Suiker
    30ml Blatjang
    Knippie sout en Peper

Metode
    Braai die uie in die kookolie tot ligbruin. Voeg die res van die bestanddele by en prut sowat 2 minute.

Decipher the Afrikaans and you have a good monkey gland sauce

• Willy
    replied
    Welcome! Now post an authentic recipe for monkey gland steak!

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Went to work on the rig, I need to finish it. The wife’s birthday on Wednesday and she mentioned eating out of the rig for a birthday present. Don’t see it happening
    While there I did a dry run on the smoker before my brisket smoke on Monday to see the effects of my changes. As mentioned before I added two additional air vents to the RHS of the smoker. During the test the infrared burners seem to be starved of air after a short while of burning and if I don’t have the exhaust valve fully open it seems as if they won’t burn. Not enough oxygen? The 2 ring gas burner seems happy. The infrared burners will not be used for smoking but to heat up the box and water and help get the wood smoking. I will be using them when the box doubles as a pizza oven. I obviously must add more inlets or is there something I am not getting….some guidance please.

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    replied
    Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL!

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Welcome from Winnipeg Canada. That looks like a great rig you are working on. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    Beer, Beer, more Beer and Brandy and Coke

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here