Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Calidfornia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Calidfornia

My name is Mike and I have been seeking to create the perfect ribs for the past few years and am yet to get there. I smoke in a gas upright that is driving me nuts (whacky zones and tough regulting) and also use a weber charcoal grill for finishing stuff off and general grilling. I have gained many useful tips/recipes on this site over the years and want to continue learning more. I think I am best at steaks and chicken right now, but want to expand my repitoire and nail the perfect rib. Love to cook for my wife and boys, friends and family.

Last meal ribs man. The they will be the last recipe you ever use for ribs. They are insanely good. What kind of gas upright smoker are you working with, brother?

Comment

Hello Mike, Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome to the site Mike!! You may want to just use your Weber for your ribs. I have produced A LOT of great smoked BBQ off my Weber and my first was the "Last Meal Ribs". Good luck and most important, have fun!!

Comment

Welcome Mike!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains lots of how-tos and please-dos!

Hope to hear & see more from you.

Comment

Welcome Mike! Howdy back from the SC Lowcountry!

Comment

I finally got significantly better control of my gas upright by installing a needle valve in the gas line. You run the smoker's temp knob wide open and control the flow with the needle valve. It allows you to make very fine adjustments that the regular knob just can't do.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Mike! Thanks for joining up with us. Here's to learning the way to the best ribs!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here