Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Southern Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Southern Maryland

How do! Retired Naval Aircrew, now at Patuxent River Naval Air Station testing the P-8 Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft, the replacement for my P-3 Orion. Self taught griller/smoker, and got most of the smoking part wrong at first. Got hooked on cooking during Navy deployments where the mess hall hours never seemed to agree with the flight schedule. Watched Jeff Smith's 'Frugal Gourmet' and took it up a level, then Alton Brown's 'Good Eats' and haven't looked back. 'Amazing Ribs' is my go-to place for all thing's 'Q, and I always recommend it to anyone who will listen; just a class site. My weapon of choice these days is a Primo Jr.

Anyhoo, Thanksgiving this year was a reverse sear prime rib roast in the oven, as I needed the drippings for Yorkshire pudding. Turned out exactly like I wanted it to, which is my favorite saying when done cooking (even if it isn't quite there).

But this time it was spot on!
    R/
    Ed
    AW1
    USN(Ret)

Welcome and thanks for your service and support Ed!!!

Comment

Welcome Ed! I trained many P-3 NFOs in my 9 years of service with the USAF. Welcome to the community.

Comment

Right on Ed. My father in law's family is from the Salisbury / Ocean City area in Delmarva. Never seen so many chicken houses in my life! Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome Ed! Glad to have you aboard (pun might be intended). Thank you for the support!

I have a welcome package for you, although it's more like homework: click here to see our new member instruction post.

Hope to see and hear more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            Welcome Ed! I trained many P-3 NFOs in my 9 years of service with the USAF. Welcome to the community.
            Small Navy/Air Force world! As Enlisted Sensor Operators with many flight hours, we would tease the new Officer Navigators, (I add the distinction in rank for the non-military folks) and tell them all they needed to do was get within 256 nautical miles of home, and radar could take it from there. Most took the tease in good humor.
            Thanks all for the warm welcome, and I'll do my homework very soon. Promise. Unless the dog eats it....

Comment

Welcome, edinsomd! Hope you get as much out of this site as I am! And thank you, and David, and any other current or past service members, for your service!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here