Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Lewisville, Texas. I had not cooked an egg in my entire life until my wife persuaded me to buy a Weber Performer charcoal grill a month ago after she became ill and was no longer able to cook. I think I must have caught some very virulent grilling virus after I started playing with my kettle and cooked my first ribeye steak. I must confess that I have not had this much fun in years and having stumbled on the Pitmaster site and encountered a treasure trove of important information and friendly people there was no other option but join the club which I just did to learn about charcoal grilling and to enjoy the company of such wonderful people.
    ​​​

Huntington Beach welcomes you fine Sir! Pit people are awesome, I agree. Carry on!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Have fun and enjoy good food!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! We're glad you're here. 😎

Comment

Welcome aboard doc. I have a real problem calling you dumb cuz the size of you heart. It's cool that you are stepping forward to care for your wife. You will do well by this site in your cooking needs, futher than you can imagine. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

• Dumb old doc
            Dumb old doc commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much for your kind words. I mistakenly mentioned your name regarding the advice to get good thermometers, slow 'n Sear and Meathead's book when I should have addressed RobB instead. Best regards

Welcome to The Pit. Your next three steps should be to buy Meatheads book, (add top right on this page), buy some thermometers, and buy a Slow N Sear. And yes, I know it's very easy for me to spend your $$.

Comment

• Dumb old doc
            Dumb old doc commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi RobB. I have followed your wise advice and purchased the Smoke and the Thermapen thermometers from Thermoworks, the Slow 'n Sear from the Adrenaline Barbecue Co. and this morning I ordered Meathead''s book.Thank you kindly.
            Last edited by Dumb old doc; July 8, 2017, 04:01 AM.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
          Glad yer here, to learn along...
          Folks like yerself are what makes it great, here!!!
          Lookin' forward to it!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

Comment

The pit is just what the doctor ordered... A warm Florida welcome to you sir.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome From CNY

Comment

Hope your wife feels better soon. She will if she likes smoked or grilled anything! Welcome Dumb old doc oc!

Comment

• Dumb old doc
                            Dumb old doc commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for your kind words. My wife is a Texas native and grew up playing around her father's charcoal gril and absolutely loves this kind of cooking. Best regards.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here