Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Dumb old doc

Comment

Sounds like you are in for some fun with this addiction! Welcome aboard, the people on this site are the greatest and I am sure you will enjoy interacting with them. Everyone is always eager to help with what ever problem you may run into. Well wishes to you and your wife!

Comment

I want to thank you all for the warm messages of welcome and good advices. I have followed your recommendations FireMan and bought the Slow 'n Sear, the Smoke thermometer and a Thermapen. My first ribeye turned out a medium well instead of medium rare because of faulty temperature obtained by my previous Mickey Mouse thermometer. Happy to have joined this marvellous family of grillers.

Comment

Here's a link that will help you get your perfect reverse sear steak:

Comment

Thank you very much for the link. I followed your recommendations and bought the Smoke thermometer and Thermapen from Thermoworks, the Slow 'n Sear accessory and Meathead book. Best regards

Comment

Bienvenido from Victoria (Texas, that is).

Comment

Welcome! Great to have you. Tough to beat a Ribeye steak on the Weber grill! I assure you, you have hours and hours more fun to come in front of that grill.

Thanks for the support.

Comment

I am definitely hooked! I have been spending hours on end reading and trying to absorb knowledge about this wonderful hobby which I have already learned is a sweet combination of science and art. I feel like a first grader on his first day of school when I read your comments, Meathead's articles and watch in amazement what you guys accomplish with your grills. I sure have a long way to go! There appears to have no end to the warmth, ingenuity and creativity of "Pit People". I am so grateful and honored to be allowed to be a member of this club of such special people.

Comment

Welcome to the the Pit from the great state of Virginia!

Comment

Welcome, from Southeast Alabama

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit Dumb old doc! We're happy to have you here. Sorry to hear about your wife's illness, but it's great to know you're igniting (pun intended) your cooking/BBQ skills and your fun!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here