Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Central Cali Cost newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Central Cali Cost newbie.

Hello All and Happy Memorial Day + a special thank you to all our veterans.

I have been using this site for years but finally joined the Pitmasters. I have learned sooo much here, thank you Meathead and everyone else! This is a awesome site for all things Barbeque.

I used it today to research a new gas grill. I have owned a Char-Broil Performance inferred since May of 2014. It had the older style cooking grates with the holes in the bottom of the groves and no cast iron grates above. It worked really great once I got used to it. The old grates are starting to rust out though and they do get clogged up easily. After visiting amazingribs.com today I decided to go ahead and get the newer version of it, the Professional with cast iron grates above the stainless inferred grates.I'm sure it will do great and I will take the old one to work for our shop BBQ's. Got the three burner for $299.

I also own a conventional Weber Kettle as well as a 22 inch Weber Smokey Mountain bullet smoker. I have also learned a lot on the virtualweberbullet.com site as well. The bullet is perfect for smoking turkey and prime rib at Christmas for large crowds. Doing 6 racks of ribs, two or three chickens and a bunch of sausage at the same time is a breeze with the Bullet too. I might even get a smaller one someday as the big one uses a lot of fuel if you're just doing a small batch.

I still need a good gaser and the old stand by Webber for everyday.

I look forward to checking back often this summer for new ideas, hopefully to pass on some knowledge as well.

Thanks all,
    Charlie

Welcome to the Pit! As you may have guessed, pictures of cookers in action and results are very well received. Have fun and eat well.

Comment

Welcome to the pit mb45! As kmhfive says, pictures are much appreciated! We look forward to seeing your cooks.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcone mb45

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Charlie.

Comment

mb45 Huntington Beach welcomes you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit.
                      Lookin' forward to what ya' bring to th' table!

Comment

Not that exciting but the first cook on the new Char-broil was just some burgers and dogs.

Putting the darn thing together took about 20 times longer than cooking the burgers!!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	burgers and dogs.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	325955

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, but it's NRE! Now, you can enjoy your margin!

• mb45
                          mb45 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          NRE ? We really need to expand the Commonly Used Acronyms & Abbreviations page.

It's like learning a second language here!

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Non-Recurring Engineering expense!

Welcome to The Pit Chaz!!! Good to have you. I love a good bullet smoker. It sounds like your having success with the 22". Have you tried to hang anything in your WSM. If so, I would be curious to hear your thoughts. A good friend of mine has tried it, and he loves it.

You mentioned that you cook chicken as well; at what temp do you usually cook your chickens?

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Charlie.

Comment

mb45 Welcome to the Pit! Consider picking up a Slow N' Sear for that old Weber Kettle. I'm having a ball with mine....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here