Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New members just a bit of advice from my experience as a new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Good job smarkley!

• David Parrish
    replied
    True words smarkley! Both are great sections to read before any purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    What a great site.

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, you are right and I have learned a lot I wish I had known before. However, better late than never.

• smarkley
    replied
    That is a good idea, Guy. There is so much info here on toys and useful tools, it makes real good sense to wait and do research here before buying anything.

A good resource besides the Pit member is AR's Equipment reviews >>

Forbes called us "the top website devoted to in-depth grill reviews." Our team of professional reviewers is hard at work finding the best and worst grills, smokers, thermometers, tools, accessories, artisan foods, and books for you.

It is a veritable gold mine of info... and in fact is the place where I made the decision to get my Pit Barrel. My mantra now is do not buy anything before consulting Equipment reviews section!

Also an area EVERYONE should read, more than once probably, is the Tips and Techniques area... it will give you all kinds of ideas on how to do things and tools you may need to do them >>

Good cooking needs more than good recipes. The best chefs understand "why" as well as "how" and they have developed tricks and techniques that can make major differences in the outcome. Here is more of the science behind cooking and some of our favorite tips and tricks that make cooking easier, and the outcome better.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    This site and the members here do a great job of quelling the fear of the unknown, and giving folks the confidence, knowledge and science, and at the very least- recipes, to tackle something that's well within their reach as a backyard cook!

Leave a comment:

• New members just a bit of advice from my experience as a new member.

Hey hope everyone as a rookie pit master and new member reads this in time. Try not to purchase any new equipment until you read some of the topics on this site. There is a lot of info here that I did not know. A good example is if I had known about the PBC (Pit Barrel Smoker) I doubt I would have brought a (WSM) Weber Smokey Mountain. Not at first anyway. However, this site does a good job of persuading you to pull the trigger or is that just us men and our toys?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here