Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Chicago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Chicago!

Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hello! I would consider myself a bit of a foodie, but never got around to picking up a smoker. That changed yesterday though when I grabbed a WSM 18.5" off Craigslist. Now I'm looking at Temp units and reading through the great content here.

A little about me… I'm 38 years old, married with 3 kids and live in Lake in the Hills. Outside of food my hobbies are Golf, Cigars and Bourbon!

Welcome to the Pit and yes to Bourbon!...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Vojtek View Post
      Welcome to the Pit and yes to Bourbon!...
      Thank you Steve! Have a favorite bourbon?

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for late reply myndcraft
        At the moment it's Maker's Mark but after starting with cheap bourbon and then turning into a scotch drinker I'm rediscovering american whiskey.... I also enjoy Gentleman's Jack but there are so many more left to try. Any suggestions?

Welcome to The Pit myndcraft! Nice to have you join us and thank your or the support. Congrats on scoring a WSM. Be sure to check out our video interview with the WSM master himself, Harry Soo, on how to get the best out of it. Also, stop in our favorite bourbon or Scotch thread if you like. I enjoy bourbon too although I've only gotten around to trying most of the supermarket ones myself. I'm digging Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace at the moment, due to their great affordability to flavor ratio.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• myndcraft
        myndcraft commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the great info! I will check out all the links

Welcome! I'm West of you outside Rockford. Have fun learning about smoking foods, ask questions, and post pictures of what you're doing!

Comment

• myndcraft
        myndcraft commented
        Editing a comment
        Great to see someone in the relative area!

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

Hey welcome aboard. i live in Spring Grove and work in your area often as a REMAX Plaza agent

Comment

• myndcraft
          myndcraft commented
          Editing a comment
          Very cool! Nice to meet you!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois (Oswego) to you.

Comment

• Black99vette
                  Black99vette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm by Ogden and Eola - makes us almost neighbors!

• myndcraft
                  myndcraft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use to have some friends out in the area, nice to meet you!

Originally posted by myndcraft View Post
                Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hello! I would consider myself a bit of a foodie, but never got around to picking up a smoker. That changed yesterday though when I grabbed a WSM 18.5" off Craigslist. Now I'm looking at Temp units and reading through the great content here.

A little about me… I'm 38 years old, married with 3 kids and live in Lake in the Hills. Outside of food my hobbies are Golf, Cigars and Bourbon!
                Welcome! You come well-prepared, and will enjoy the new dimension of your food adventures!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory!
                  Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome from the Florida panhandle and congrats on the WSM!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here