Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grill Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grill Week

Well after a lot of back and forth on what grill would ultimately suit my needs, I decided to buy a 22 in premium kettle ($150 with a cover Amazon Prime) and am picking up a slightly used 2 burner spirit for the quick grills. I think between the two, I should be able to cover most of my bases. Now the only thing is if I should get that SnS or not....hmmm.....

That's a no brainer

Comment

A kettle without a Slow n Sear is like having a basic grill. Add the SnS to it and now you have a greatly improved searing station and a legitimate smoker too. Yes I agree with Steve B... it really is a no brainer!
      Last edited by Breadhead; April 18, 2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, get the SnS. Got mine this past Saturday and love it!

Comment

guycalleddave, You might be able to Flip Burgers or Chicken on Your New Kettle without the S 'n S but Doing for Real BBQ Without the S 'n S and a Drip & Griddle will Nigh on to Impossible! I have Been Using A Weber 22 1/2" Kettle for +- 40 Yrs❓. I finally Learned How to Use the Weber in 2015 while recuperating in a Nursing Home from an Experiment With Basement Diving❓. Six Mo's in a Nursing Home with My iPad going over www.AmazingRibs.Com and the PitCub Members! I learned the Benefits of a Good Leave In Thermometer Such as The Maverick et 732 or 733, an Instant Read Thermometer such as the ThermoWorks Thermapen Classic today I would Get the MK-4! All the time @ABCBBQDave owner of www.abcbbq.com
          and Huskee kept extolling the Virtues of the S 'n S and the Weber Kettle! They Were and Are Absolutely Correct! IMHOP 👍👍👍👍👍
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	306752Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	306751Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	306754Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	306753Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	306755
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 19, 2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Dan the Man... nice chicken/turkey bird there. My gut tells me you smoked that bird at 375° to 400°... am I in the neighborhood?

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Breadhead, Yowrer, Yowzer! The Only Difference from Any Other Turkey, This One Was Stuffed With a Bread and Raisen Dressing! Hickory and Apple Wood Chunks for Smoke❓
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Welcome to The Pit guycalleddave! Thanks for the support and nice to have you here! I'm a big yes on the SnS.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Definitely get the SNS. I love mine. I also got a Lavalock gasket which if nothing else makes the lid feel better when you put it back on the grill.

Comment

Gotta go with the SnS. No regrets at all. Also, the DnG is an excellent addition!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With you equipment you are good to cook. If you are not ready for for the SlowNSear, but want to cook low and slow on your Weber try the snake method. You can find the how to from and Aussie on YouTube.

Comment

WHAT! WHAT you say man. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT DO IT DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. You do not buy a kettle without the Sn'S. If you have the SnS, you have everything you could need to accomplish just about everything that is mentioned on this site, from grilling whatever to smokin heaven. You will have in your hands THE tool that will keep you from wishing "you could do that" , to yeah I can try that. No you won't have a Starship, but you sure will have a starfighter. I put off getting one because I had just purchased a smokenator and thought of the money I just spent. A year goes buy & I'm reading all the stuff everybody is doing with this thing & how good it is. I finally pulled the trigger, & my wife yelled at me for getting another "thing" for my kettle. I love it & she now loves it & I almost can get any "things" I want, almost, did I say almost. If it were me and money was a problem, I would buy a used kettle & a new SnS. DO IT! 👁
                  Last edited by FireMan; April 18, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• troymeister
                    troymeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had to put money aside without my wife knowing to acquire these things. She is glad now though...lol

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    troymeister, a true MCS convert. Keep up the good work!

Welcome aguycalledadam

Comment

I think the SnS should be INCLUDED with the Weber kettle. Totally different cooker that way!
                    Last edited by Thunder77; April 18, 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

To echo all said above, I would definitely get th' SNS, at a minimum, fer yer Weber...
                      Unless ya' have a rare, genetic allergy to stainless steel, or Great Food, yer never gonna look back in regret.
                      It's not a "Cool Toy" to have, it's a "Must Have" !!!

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, a genetic allergy to stainless. Well put.

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, brother!!!
                        I occasionally have brief bursts of lucidity, an' even, on rare occasions, eloquence!!!
                        Smoke On, 'Mr. Weber Roadside Camera Sniper', love yer work!!!!!
                        November Sierra!!!

Welcome to the Pit! Did we mention the Slow N' Sear has a following here?

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Say what?

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So I've heard......... FireMan

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spin, I don't Think Politics Are Allowed on this Site❓ 🤗😇🤗
                        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

All of the above are spot on!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here