Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome. I've been watching your videos since the new Weber grill came out and they inspired me to convince my wife to spend money on a second BBQ. I went with a local builder to get something I had been wanting built but did not have permission to get. So I kept watching your videos and said "See, look at how fantastic that BBQ is and just look at how much fun I could have with it." She finally said "You can get another BBQ but not at that price!" HA! You did it. I ended up paying about the same amount but without your videos playing over and over I would never have won out. Thanks, tremendously!

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
      Baby Back Maniac commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha! That's the greatest story ever. You're welcome! So now I'm going to need you to start a channel because I've got my eye on a few new toys. lol! Thank you for sharing that story.

Welcome aboard! Are you "the" baby back maniac from YouTube?

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
      Editing a comment
      That's me! lol. Thanks for watching and welcoming.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I really liked the comparison video you did on the Weber 26 vs The Summit Charcoal for pork butts.

• Baby Back Maniac
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. That surprised me actually.

Baby Back Maniac, Justin, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! I see several of the Cadre have come out to Welcome You! Including the "Dean" David Parrish, aka David, Huskee "Moderator" aka Aaron, fuzzydaddy "Moderator" aka David, and I am sure this is just the beginnings! From what I have seen of Your YouTube Posts You might qualify to Clep some of the intro Courses?
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; September 18, 2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dan! "Backyard Cremator"...I still love that.

Thanks guys! I try not to mention my youtube channel when on forums simply because seems a little like walking into somebody's house for dinner and then trying to sell them something (even though I'm not really selling anything), but yes, that me. I'm really glad you all watch and are enjoying them. It means alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post
      Thanks guys! I try not to mention my youtube channel when on forums simply because seems a little like walking into somebody's house for dinner and then trying to sell them something (even though I'm not really selling anything), but yes, that me. I'm really glad you all watch and are enjoying them. It means alot.
      Be sure to check out the guidelines Huskee links above. We're a little more understanding than many forums. You're right though in that making videos is a bit different from being a retailer. We may have to add a guideline specific to guys like you and GadjetGriller.

GadjetGriller what rules of thumb have you been living by when you do/don't mention your videos here in The Pit?

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        I Mentioned it once (ok maybe twice) asking people to check out my channel. Then after that I have refrained from saying anything unless asked about it. I will say that many members did check out my videos and subscribed. Which was greatly appreciated!

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        However in Baby Back Maniac case I dont think he will need to promote himself. Most members have already found him and subscribed (as I have) look forward to his posts and future videos.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Be sure to check out the guidelines Huskee links above. We're a little more understanding than many forums. You're right though in that making videos is a bit different from being a retailer. We may have to add a guideline specific to guys like you and GadjetGriller.

GadjetGriller what rules of thumb have you been living by when you do/don't mention your videos here in The Pit?
      Thanks Dave. I didn't see anything regarding it in Huskee's post but I could have missed it. I'm down with whatever the rules are.

Working on my signature file.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post

Thanks Dave. I didn't see anything regarding it in Huskee's post but I could have missed it. I'm down with whatever the rules are.

Working on my signature file.
        Ah he's buried my guidelines all the way down in #7. Bit of a steep learning curve here I suppose if our guidelines are that far down. Here's the link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...updated-6-7-15

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
          Editing a comment
          oh, OK I see that. Yeah, no problem there.

Welcome, Baby Back Maniac ! I subscribed to your videos when you first investigated the kamado/kettle nature of the WSCGC. I bought one right after that.

Your You Tube videos are a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for doing all the hard work in making them.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
          Welcome, Baby Back Maniac ! I subscribed to your videos when you first investigated the kamado/kettle nature of the WSCGC. I bought one right after that.

Your You Tube videos are a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for doing all the hard work in making them.

Kathryn
          Thanks Kathryn,
          I really appreciate it. That video was a lot of fun to make (my wife and son helped a lot on that one.) I hope you are enjoying the Summit as much as I have.

Comment

Baby Back Maniac : Welcome! I've enjoyed watching your videos; in particular those on the WSCG which I also have. It will be great having you here!

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. That grill looks good!

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Just saw your video review of Hard Eight BBQ. Man, that brings back memories! When I was stationed at Ft. Hood, we used to plan training flights out to Brady, TX and take the crew car from the FBO to get BBQ at the Hard Eight out there. It was awesome! Sadly, I understand that the Brady location has closed. Either way, great BBQ, great memories, great fun!

Comment

Baby Back Maniac Welcome to the pit! I came across your channel back when you had just gotten your summit. Loved your videos they were what I envisioned for my channel when I first started it back when. I have found though that I dont have a onscreen personality or the creativeness you do lol. (I envy the Creativeness the most!) look forward to your input to the pit! Hopefully you wont get to tired of me asking how did you...?
                Last edited by GadjetGriller; September 17, 2016, 04:35 PM. Reason: as usual I can't spell

Comment

• Baby Back Maniac
                  Editing a comment
                  Ask away! I never get tired of it.

BTW, creativity is over-rated. Some of the biggest food you tubers are very consistent/predictable shows filled with nice (not funny) people who give good information. Audiences like consistency.

I just subbed your channel!

• GadjetGriller
                  GadjetGriller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the Sub! Have a good week!

Welcome BBM, I also enjoy your videos and yes, I am a subscriber.

I have a question for you....I have a a brand new bbq kitchen (see pics below--bbqs move in tomorrow!) that I want to augment--I have a 22" kettle platinum, a PBC and a Jumbo Joe....I also have a Genesis but it's on its way out, I may get a smaller gasser later, I just rarely use them. That said, I am torn between a 26.75" Kettle, another 22" kettle and either an 18" or 22" Smokey Mountain. I wouldn't mind the WSM for local competitions if I decide to do any. Is the Summit that much better than the 26.75" kettle or is the Kettle close enough and that much of a better value? Like I said, I'm really torn. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful backyard and a great BBQ kitchen...👍

• Danjohnston949
                  Danjohnston949 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  _John_ Tanner, Just what Breadhead said! 👍👍👍👍👍

• Baby Back Maniac
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey John, I replied but the forum said my post was too long for here so I had to move it to the bottom. Hopefully you can see it. I'm still figuring things out around here. lol.

Thanks BH, though all the credit goes to folks who transformed it from this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3675.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	221893 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3678.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	221894

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here