Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the Chicago suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Chicago suburbs

Hello everyone. My name is Bob and I live west of Chicago, in Kane County. I've been cooking for over 30 years. My forum name is Bad Inf Bob because a couple of years ago I started a KCBS competition BBQ team called Bad Influence BBQ. The other members of my team are my wife and adult kids and their spouses. Thus far, we've only competed at a couple of events. I'm happy to say our team got our first call a couple of months ago at the Firin Up the Fox comp in St Charles...taking 9th in Chicken. Years ago I started on a Weber Kettle and still have one. I also have a cheap offset (COS) which Meathead is right about when he reviews them. A little over a year ago I broke down and plunked some cash down on a Backwoods Smoker Extended Party... which is the best smoker I've ever cooked on. I'm looking forward to you folks teaching me a lot of good stuff, and having a lot of fun. Cheers.

Wow, extended Party...you are definitely rolling there.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Also, I'm glad the "Inf" does not stand for "Information"

Comment

Welcome, I almost lived out there myself, company tried relocating me to work at the Downers Grove but that didn't stick.
      I've liked those Backwoods for a while but i'd have to try one first.

Comment

Welcome Bob! Thanks for filling out the Signature. That's a mighty fine smoker you've got there. I hope we see pics of it in action soon!

Comment

Hey there Bob, Welcome.

Comment

Greetings Bob! I'll echo Pit Boss' desire to see pics of that Party in action. It was one of the leading contenders on my smoker purchase a few years back (at least the regular Party, dunno if they had the extended then). Before you post pics, be sure to head to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel and read the picture posting writeup, it will walk you through the best way to post nice big pics (hint, don't use the camera icon).

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and good advice. I'm dry brining a couple of steaks right now for tonight's dinner off the kettle. I'm looking at tossing a pork belly in the EP in the next day or two. I'll see if I can stumble though the pix. With or without them I really like the EP and the way the folks at BWS treated me...really great folks. Not trying to sell anything... just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                (hint, don't use the camera icon)
                Seriously. I'd delete that icon if I could. Upload Attachments icon works much better. It's on the upper right side of the reply window.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe hit up 'the powers that be' to delete it at rollover?

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I can't do it with my access then the only way to get rid of it is through code. I'm not sure I want any extra code.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.