Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the Chicago suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Chicago suburbs

Hello everyone. My name is Bob and I live west of Chicago, in Kane County. I've been cooking for over 30 years. My forum name is Bad Inf Bob because a couple of years ago I started a KCBS competition BBQ team called Bad Influence BBQ. The other members of my team are my wife and adult kids and their spouses. Thus far, we've only competed at a couple of events. I'm happy to say our team got our first call a couple of months ago at the Firin Up the Fox comp in St Charles...taking 9th in Chicken. Years ago I started on a Weber Kettle and still have one. I also have a cheap offset (COS) which Meathead is right about when he reviews them. A little over a year ago I broke down and plunked some cash down on a Backwoods Smoker Extended Party... which is the best smoker I've ever cooked on. I'm looking forward to you folks teaching me a lot of good stuff, and having a lot of fun. Cheers.

Wow, extended Party...you are definitely rolling there.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Also, I'm glad the "Inf" does not stand for "Information"

Comment

Welcome, I almost lived out there myself, company tried relocating me to work at the Downers Grove but that didn't stick.
      I've liked those Backwoods for a while but i'd have to try one first.

Comment

Welcome Bob! Thanks for filling out the Signature. That's a mighty fine smoker you've got there. I hope we see pics of it in action soon!

Comment

Hey there Bob, Welcome.

Comment

Greetings Bob! I'll echo Pit Boss' desire to see pics of that Party in action. It was one of the leading contenders on my smoker purchase a few years back (at least the regular Party, dunno if they had the extended then). Before you post pics, be sure to head to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel and read the picture posting writeup, it will walk you through the best way to post nice big pics (hint, don't use the camera icon).

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and good advice. I'm dry brining a couple of steaks right now for tonight's dinner off the kettle. I'm looking at tossing a pork belly in the EP in the next day or two. I'll see if I can stumble though the pix. With or without them I really like the EP and the way the folks at BWS treated me...really great folks. Not trying to sell anything... just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                (hint, don't use the camera icon)
                Seriously. I'd delete that icon if I could. Upload Attachments icon works much better. It's on the upper right side of the reply window.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe hit up 'the powers that be' to delete it at rollover?

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I can't do it with my access then the only way to get rid of it is through code. I'm not sure I want any extra code.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here