Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

introduction

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7248.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	207118 Hello, I am brand new to the forum and look forward to learning more about smoking meat. I recently built a reverse offset smoker and have been using it for about six months. I look forward to learning some great recipes and techniques. (I think I've already made most of the mistakes. At least I hope so.)

Welcome to The Pit DQuetin! It's nice to have you here, thanks for your support. Cool smoker build! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• DQuetin
      DQuetin commented
      Editing a comment
      Very helpful homework.  I must admit, though, the "homework" moniker made me cringe a bit.  Thanks.  And I really like the culture on this forum, bunch of folks having a good time and wanting others to have the same.  Nice.

Welcome DQuetin

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Nice rig... Very nice! Welcome to the Pit DQuetin ... How many Pork Butts will that cooker accomdate?

Comment

• DQuetin
          DQuetin commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure. I've never cooked Pork Butt. The cooking surface is 19"x 26". Only one rack so far; I'm thinking of adding an upper.

• DQuetin
          DQuetin commented
          Editing a comment
          So far this smoker works OK. However, I do get a lot of creosote dripping down the stack and all over the tanks. Looks like a mess all the time. Think I should shorten the stack or perhaps add a larger diameter?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          DQuetin So you're either cooking very humid or the smoke is condensing or both. I'd say put a larger diameter stack on it. It sounds like you're mimicking a moonshine still- the smaller stack puts a greater surface area to the exhaust volume ratio, cooling it too much. A larger diam stack should solve that.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard DQuetin! See you around The Pit!

Comment

I hate guys like you. I could'nt make anything remotely like that. But, then again, that's why it's cool to have guys like you on the team. Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride! We have tons of peeps that are fabricators, tinkerers, modifiers, experimenters. Then there is me, I just specialize in eating. Looking forward to eating some of your recommendations.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here