Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Antonio grilling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio grilling!

Greetings from South Texas; the land of oak. I've been on the site a while but thought I'd finally get around to introducing myself. After 25 years in the AF flying the F-16 around the world we've settled around San Antonio. I still hit the road a bunch as the Director of International Business Development for a big defense company. Right now I'm cooking on a Weber kettle, a fire pit, and a KBQ. I'm planning on an Argentinian grill in the near future. As I said, oak is plentiful not to mention the occasional mesquite. Glad to be here. I use Meathead's cookbook regularly.

Welcome. I'm in Pine Tree land, east Texas.

Thanks for your service and groovy on the F-16!

Comment

Welcome! I'm in the Galveston area myself. You got east Texas rust, and west Texas dust. Then there is post oak where you are. Enjoy it! Looks like my getup. Love my kettle, and my fire pit get's more use than any of my grills or smokers.

Comment

Welcome Scoopf16 and thank you for your service

Comment

Looks like some seriously good eats there!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, thank you for your service to our country. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

Scoopf16 - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Thanks for the 25 years you spent standing the watch. All of us appreciate it.

Comment

Welcome from Central Tejas! Oak rules! (hickory is nice too )

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Scoopf16. Thank you for your service! Nice photos and thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you. Thank You for your service. I can't imagine the thrill of flying one of those birds. Of course I would never fit in one, I am more of a B-52, C-5 Galaxy, AC-130 sized guy.

Scoopf16 Also, welcome to the KBQ brotherhood, our numbers are growing in here. In case you haven't stumbled on to it yet, there is a great thread for everything KBQ. The link is below.

We hope to hear more from you. Great pictures!

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...q-~-has-landed

Comment

Scoopf16, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                          👍👍Your open Coal Cooks Look Grrreeeeeaaaaaaattttttt!👍👍
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Scoopf16. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome, Scoop. I'm down in Victoria. I spent 12 years in uniform, myself, including four years at BAMC, until someone made me an offer that was too good to pass up. My son and his family live in SA. I get up there frequently to see them and to watch my grandkids play sports.

It looks like you're way ahead of me in the grillin' and Q department. Keep showing us your work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here