Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm Vinny, the BBQSTUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Vinny, the BBQSTUD

Been BBQ'ing since about '75 and got serious around '97 when I went to cook with John Willingham (from Tenn) who was the winngest BBQ'er of all time then...what an experience. Did Memphis in May (MIM) and I believe we took Grand Champion that year. I'm in the greater San Diego area but have competed from Memphis to Kansas to California and with teams, or on my own won a shit load of competitions. I even taught some classes in Q'ing and catering. Got a book in progress, titled "69 Recipes Guaranteed To Get You Laid". Been a certified KCBS judge and an ICS certified judge in the past. I'm a professional, self taught, Chef and have owned two bars and a BBQ/Tex-Mex restaurant (which failed). I've done more deep fried turkeys than probably any two or three other 'cookers' in San Diego and was featured on the front page of the food section just prior to thanksgiving about 10 years ago...I think we did around 210 turkeys that year...shit!!! Not only do I BBQ but I grill. I've had three Oklahoma Joe's BBQ's but am down to just one now...36 inch, two door tow-behind-offset fire box. Got your book a couple of days ago and so far think it's the best one EVER! That's enough for now.

Nice intro! Welcome to The Pit bbqstud.

Comment

I was waiting for a 1-800 number and was getting my credit card. 😀 VINNY is in Da House!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bbqstud! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome bbqstud

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Vinny!

Comment

All hail the Stud

Comment

bbqstud - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! Interesting background you have.

Comment

Thanks to all of you guys...bought the Bible...Meatheads that is...and have loved every page. I probably have 100 plus cookbooks and many of them are BBQ...including Mc Gees (which you all should have)..have thousands of hours on the pit, circuit, air miles, etc. and they were all awesome. Thanks again and I hope I can offer some insight and recipes for all of you....BTW how about a recipe for a salad Guaranteed To Get You Laid? Let me know...

Comment

• martybartram
                    martybartram commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I look forward to learning from you and send the salad recipe!

• martybartram
                    martybartram commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is this the book you referred to? On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

• bbqstud
                    bbqstud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @martybartram...yes that's the book.

Your Quite the character! Look forward to all your posts! Welcome to the Pit

Comment

bbqstud ... Welcome to the Pit.

You're taking an interesting approach to entering the Pit. Just between us boy's we will get a great chuckle about your mission of getting laid through great food and a gift to gab.

However... We have some female members that we GREATLY respect and appreciate their contributions to our love of BBQ and grilling.

I don't want to discourage your boisterous input and your obvious potential to contribute lots of great recipes and processes to the Pit but... This is a mixed company website.😎

I don't want to be a kill joy but... Know your input is being read by many women.👍

Comment

• bbqstud
                      bbqstud commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks and I think once you read a recipe/anecdote or two you will feel comfortable.

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If the ladies are comfortable I'm all in.👍

Thanks Breadhead for the observation. Actually the book is a compilation of anecdotes starting when I was a young cop in the greater LA, Ca. area and started cooking because I couldn't afford to go out on dates at the time. Without exception, each and every woman who has had the opportunity to read the, as yet unpublished, re-writes upon re-writes has had nothing but laughter and accolade's for the book...and are on a list for the first run. I thought long and hard about the title and well...may change it at some point in time...but that's really not me...even though it would surely impact media interviews and sales. Let me know if you'd like a couple of recipes posted, of course from the book, and I'll be happy to accommodate you. If there is any negative response from the Ladies it will be addressed instantly...although I find that the women who I have known throughout my decades of competition have embraced me and my stories...thanks again thanks.

Comment

bbqstud ...

Cool... You seem like a nice interesting guy. Your experience in the BBQ/grilling world will be greatly appreciated in the Pit. We're all looking for the next killer recipe... Post away my friend. You'll get lots of accolades for ones the member try and like.👍
                      I personally think the title of your book is a good, different, marketing angle that might work.😎 In view of the fact that most of the BBQ world is men.

Like I said I don't want to be a kill joy but our highly respected female members are not going to appreciate us Guy's talking about getting laid all the time.

Maybe I'm an old school guy (I'm 65) but I felt a need to protect the ladies from being offended by our boy's chatter.
                      Last edited by Breadhead; June 3, 2016, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I am glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bbqstud! Thanks for joining up with us, we look forward to your contributions.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here