Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gordon here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon here.

Got a Weber Kettle a couple weeks ago. Found this website and ordered a thermometer and a slow 'n sear. Got my slow n sear today so, I'm grillin this evening! I know you're supposed to practice with some dry runs but I'm gonna break mine in on some NY strips. Hoping for the best! By the way, this is a great website!

Greetings, Gordon ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Your are good to go!

Comment

Welcome aboard glterry73. You probably have already looked at the abcbarbecue/Slow 'N Sear page on steaks for the SnS, but in case you haven't, here's a link to it. Your steaks are going to be great.

Comment

Welcome glterry73

Comment

Hey fuzzydaddy you were right , the steaks turned out great. SNS makes it hard to mess up. I'm gonna have to work on my temp control some but overall things turned out great!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

glterry73, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Check ABC.Com 's Technique Section on Weber Vent Control! Huskee & David Parrish put a great presentation on Weber Kettle Vent (Temp) Mgm't!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ABCbarbecue.com. ... not ABC.com

Welcome to The Pit glterry73! We're glad you're here. How'd those steaks turn out? Got pics?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Sorry Pit Boss I didn't get any pics. I was a little distracted trying to figure out the thermometer and temp control. When they were done the only thing on my mind was eating those steaks! I'll try to get pics next time. Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here