Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping it simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping it simple

Just signed up for the Pit Club and decided I better introduce myself. I have been cooking over flame and smoke for over 30 years. I was in the US Navy for 9 years and during the shore tours a true getaway was a gathering of beer and grilled food as it was two things we never could have when deployed. For grilling, I will shamelessly say that I prefer a well maintained Weber gas grill. I am not much into fussing anyway, thus the replacement of my offset smoker with a Pit Barrel Cooker.

Limited by space, I had to sell my Weber Performer when I bought the PBC. I missed having a kettle around for a wood fired steak and small slow cooks and was on the hunt for a Craigslist Weber kettle when the WalMart 22" Jumbo Joe presented itself. I purchased it, drilled a hole in the top to install a lid thermometer where the Performer's was located, and called it finished. Frankly, for small cooks, it works every bit as well as the Performer, albeit without the vertical space, gas start, and easy of vent adjustment.

Looking forward to learning more and meeting some friends out here. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Thank you for your Service and welcome to the People's University of Life and BBQ

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TroyOHchatter! Nice to have you here. Sounds you have a lot of experience with different cookers. Look forward to more interchange with you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TroyOHchatter! We're glad you're here. We're even happy @Huskee's here... today anyway.

Comment

Welcome! I'm all of 40 minutes away from you, south of Dayton.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
              Welcome to The Pit TroyOHchatter! We're glad you're here. We're even happy @Huskee's here... today anyway.

Comment

Welcome TroyOHchatter

Comment

TroyOHchatter, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TroyOHchatter . I hope you enjoy the Pit Barrel Cooker as much as I do.

Comment

Welcome aboard TroyOHchatter. Thank you for your service. If a grill or smoker produces food that you and those you share it with enjoy then you've done good!

Comment

Hi... Welcome to the Pit TroyOHchatter ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Thanks for your service!

We look forward to your posts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy you've joined us!! Thank You for your service.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You're gonna LOVE that PBC ... and there's lot's of folks around here to share their experiences (good and bad) with the Magic Barrel.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here