Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germain Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germain Jones

Hello everyone. I'm Germain Jones. I'm a 31 year old army veteran of 12 years. I'm currently serving in the reserves while I finish up my bachelor's degree in Audio Engineering at the University of Colorado at Denver. I've deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, and I've jumped out of a perfectly good airplane 62 times with the 82nd Airborne Division. I am originally from Stone Mountain Georgia, with the majority of my family coming from North Carolina. I have been married 9 years to my wonderful wife Ashley, and have two daughters.

I am a novice BBQer, and I just recently bought a Weber Kettle 22in Premium, after owning a CharBroil gas grill I snagged off of Craigslist for a few years. I found this site,law when I was searching for best charcoal grills, and yalls list popped up. I have always wanted to be a "grill master" lol, but never really understood the science behind great BBQ. This site has shown me how much I didn't know, and how much bogus information is out there. I picked up the SnS too, as it looked like a must have accessorie for my particular grill. I look forward to getting to know the people here, and learning and sharing all I can. GO DAWGS

Welcome to The Pit DawgsFan34. Thank-you for your service! Kettle + SnS = You'll be producing some great food! Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Sir! Thank You for your service!! Glad that you found us to help you through your new addiction. Our support group will prove to be a huge benefit in your time of need. Que on!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You'll learn a ton around here.
        Thanks for your service!
        Jim

Comment

Welcome Germaine, thank you for your service! Here's one tip that I learned right off the bat, whatever you're thinking about cooking do a search for it here first. Not just in the pit forums but on the regular site as well. No matter what it is you're bound to find detailed instructions and numerous recipes.

Comment

Welcome DawgsFan34

Comment

Welcome aboard, Germain!

Comment

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome again!

Comment

Welcome aboard Germain, from a retired Redleg! You have just enrolled in the University of BBQ! AS MH says, and my experience bears out, you MUST master 2- zone cooking to hone your BBQ skills. IMHO, the SnS is probably the best accessory you could have purchased for your 22" kettle. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• DawgsFan34
                      DawgsFan34 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for you service sir. I appreciate the welcome as well as the helpful tips. I look forward to engaging with the community here more, and sharing some of my coos in the future.

DawgsFan34, Welcome to The Pit! In my HOP you are going to get better BBQ with a Charcoal Kettle! Give the S 'n S a good look, a Valuable Accessory for Weber Kettles! You can see more at ABC.Com, Adrenaline BBQ Co. In particular look over the Vent Settings in the Technique section knowing how to control your Temps via Vent Control is the Million $ Secret to Good Q! Thanks to David Parrish and Huskee for their work on the Vent Control and illustrating it as well as they did! That Info and a good Dual Probe Digital Thermometer (Maverick 732/733) and you are off! A Hell of a Lot Easier Than Jumping Out of Airplanes! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Hooyah Airborne!! (82nd w/ honorable discharge 1986 only 13 leaps from a perfectly good airplane myself). Welcome to a perfectly good website, no need for a parachute. Clear your mind of previous grilling mistakes and myths. Embrace proven methods and techniques. Reap and enjoy the rewards.

Comment

• DawgsFan34
                        DawgsFan34 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Airborne. Thank you for your service. I have so many jumps only because I was chasing jumps for the longest time in hopes of getting my star. Its good to be apart of the community here. I look forward to sharing some of my cooks in the future.

Welcome! You ever pay attention to the US soccer team? You share a name with one of the players...

Comment

• DawgsFan34
                        DawgsFan34 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its funny you mention that. I played Olympic Development Soccer as a youth in GA. I also played for the State Regional Team, as well as Junior and Classic club level soccer. I know who Jermaine Jones is... my game was a bit more flashy than he is. I wished I'd had his technical savoy though.

• mayapoppa
                        mayapoppa commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cool! Sounds like you were a serious player... I'm an old man and I still play! Welcome to the Pit... you've started well with the kettle and SnS. Keep us posted with pics...

"All the way" Germain from a former infantrymen of the famed A Company, 4th Battalion 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment. I retired at Fortress Bragg as a 1SG in a psychological operations unit in 2008. The best of luck to you in your academic endeavors. This site is truly valuable and I know you will enjoy it.

Comment

• DawgsFan34
                        DawgsFan34 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Airborne 1SG. Thank you for your service. Glad to be apart of the site and the community.

Welcome to The Pit DawgsFan34! We're glad you're here. I was stationed at Pope AFB when it was still Pope AFB and have dropped many an 82d airborne out of a perfectly good C-130.

Hope you like the SnS!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here