Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Central California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the pit Wedunne, cooking for others is always a gratifying experience ( hopefully ). Good luck and enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Wedunne! Nice to have you here, glad you popped in to say hello. It might be a little late now, but this article here from Meathead on party planning is very helpful in situations like yours, where you're wondering if there's enough to go around. Might be a worth a read. Hope all works out well, we'd love to see some pics of the spread!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Well, I've got 6 racks of ribs in the larger smoker now. I cut the rib tips off, and will smoke those in the smaller cooker, along with the tri-tip. I figured I'd wait a little while to start those, since they won't take as long to cook. I started the ribs at 10 a.m., so that should allow a few extra hours for the large amount of meat in the smoker. There was room to spread them around so they're not touching, with about an inch or two between each piece for airflow. So hopefully that will be enough. I have 8 hours before we plan to eat. I'm following Meathead's recipe to a T - dry-brined them last night, and rubbed in a generous amount of MMD this morning. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here