Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been lurking long enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been lurking long enough

I guess I've been lurking here for long enough . . . My name is John, and I've lived in the Orlando area for better than 55 years. I have been grilling stuff for most of those years, and raised my kids on food grilled 2-3 times a week. Just started smoking after retirement a few years ago, but I've learned a great deal lurking here and appreciate all the anonymous help! I'll see if I can come out of my shell and post on occasion.

Welcome to the Pit johnec00 ...

I think we all lurked for a while before joining the Pit. The Pit is where the true value of AR is. You just don't know that until you join.😉

What are you cooking on?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit johnec00. Nice setup you've got.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, John!

Comment

John - Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome johnec00

Comment

Welcome to the Pit which I find to be a lot more fun than lurking.

Comment

johnec00, Welcome to The Pit, John! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Out of the shadows! C'mon in!

Comment

Thanks to all who responded with a welcome.

Breadhead asked what I am cooking on, so I went out and took a "family portrait" (attached if I can figure out the right way to attach a picture). Each cooker has its own niche: PBC - brisket, poultry and pork butt; gas smoker - ribs (pork and beef); gas grill most everything one would consider grillable; modified smokey joe is new, but it did great bacon and pastrami.

If the picture doesn't work, I completed my signature and about me page (mostly to avoid the dreaded "here's your homework" post) Click image for larger version

Name:	cooking stuff2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	148233 .

Comment

• Breadhead
                        Breadhead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice corral of cookers my friend.😎👍

Originally posted by johnec00 View Post
                      I completed my signature and about me page (mostly to avoid the dreaded "here's your homework" post) [ATTACH=CONFIG]n148233[/ATTACH] .
                      Welcome to The Pit johnec00! Nice to have you here. Thanks for doing your signature and giving us a family portrait.

Oh, and you can't avoid it hahahahahaha (evil laugh...)

Since this is your first post, please check out ourhomework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• johnec00
                        johnec00 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh well . . . I tried hahahahahaha (crestfallen laugh...)

Will do!

Welcome! That's a family? It looks more like a village to me! Look forward to some of your stories. Enjoy!

Comment

After months of browsing this site, I finally joined. I have been a BBQ freak for about 10 years.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here